India / India / / Kochi
#: 75823-en_US / 75823
Senior Analyst – 75823
Analytics – India Kochi, Kerala
ABOUT THE JOB
Nielsen Marketing Effectiveness uses cutting edge technology and industry leading data science to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We empower advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments. Our goal is to provide reaction measurement at unprecedented speed and scale.
- Independent execution of projects
- Build and share expertise on MTA modeling topics within the team and beyond
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve modelling practices and processes
- Support Analysts during their project work
- Train, develop and share ideas and best practices with other team members
- Collaborate with other Nielsen teams to provide holistic support to clients
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
When you join the Nielsen MTA (Multi-touch Attribution) team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity and passion. As a Senior Analyst you will:
- Transform digital data collected from a variety of sources into formats for our statistical models
- Use creative data exploration and programming skills to understand trends, troubleshoot, and clean data
- Utilize models to analyze data and produce outcomes
- Minimum 3 years of work experience.
- Bachelor degree in quantitative fields such as Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Marketing (with quantitative emphasis)
- Passion for being hands-on with data, analytics and new technologies
- Enthusiasm for applying statistical analysis to address business issues
- Comfortable working with large data sets and exploring big data
- Ability to understand and work through models/modeling process
- Ability to evaluate models, interpret results to be delivered to internal teams
- Ability to synthesize data & simplify findings
- Strong logic, deductive reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills, particularly with application of statistical and quantitative tools
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, capable of handling several projects at a time while meeting deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work both autonomously and collaboratively with team and other internal partners
- Curious, with an emphasis on willingness to learn and discover new areas
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive client outcomes
- Fluent in English
- Experience in FMCG and/or Media industry
- Experience in Multi Touch Attribution modelling
- Knowledge of Python and Spark SQL, working with Algorithms
- Experience with Nielsen or IRI data
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in cloud computing
ABOUT THE TEAM
Why do you purchase a product? Maybe you downloaded a digital coupon, received an email, or viewed a digital video advertisement. In the Marketing Effectiveness Multi-touch Attribution (MTA) practice, our job is to figure out which digital media tactic is most successful at driving sales for products. Using statistical models we help clients optimize where they should spend their money on digital marketing to best ensure their product’s success.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Kochi,Kerala