North America / United States / TX / Dallas
Technology & Engineering
#: 87861-en_US / 87861
Senior Android Developer – 87861
Technology and Engineering – USA Dallas, Texas
Nielsen is seeking a strong and experienced mobile Android developer with proven ReactJS experience. This position requires 5+ years of experience in mobile development and 3+ years . ReactJS work experience. This position will be responsible for designing, developing a mobile application to measure content viewing on a device. The successful candidate will be required to engage with all areas within Nielsen including Testing, backend processing systems, operations and partners around the world. This position is expected to bring industry best practices of source control, code review, automated unit test etc. to the team
- Work as part of a small team to build Native Android / iOS applications for FullStack’s clients
- Implement pixel perfect UI’s that match designs. Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Integrate third-party API’s
- Write unit and integration tests
- Architect, build and maintain excellent Android Native application + ReactJS based screens with clean code and release to Google Play Store and iTunes Store
- Work with native modules when required, and keep it native (example- low level file operations)
- Work with modern tools including Jira, Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
- Be part of a community of React JS developers who share knowledge and help each other as problems arise
- Complete two-week sprints, and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
- Implement best practices
- Follow FullStack’s detailed development process
- Innovate in the mobile space.
- Should be a senior person with minimum 5+ years’ experience in designing and implementing solutions in the mobile space, with an additional or parallel experience of at least 3 years of developing on React JS based web applications.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience with Android (Java/Kotlin) development experience
- Proven record of mobile app development
- Very good knowledge of Android networking APIs
- Proven React JS experience building screens that renders on mobile/web.
- Ability to work through UI Frameworks and contribute to the React JS community (internally) to build new components as needed.
- An understanding of React JS best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of Native applications.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Strong experience with different network protocols (HTTP/S, TCP / UDP, Socket programming etc.,)
- Experience working with REST / GraphQL APIs
- Expert in XML/JSON formats and parsers
- Experience integrating 3rd party SDKs (e.g. Firsebase)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and ceremonies
- Experience with Carthage, Cocoa pods (nice to have)
- Experience with using Instrumentation and Profiling tools provided by XCode (nice to have)
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GITLab)
- Should have the ability to work independently and be a self-starter. Direction and support will be provided by the manager, but the candidate is expected to be a proactive member and put forth his/her own ideas
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Flexible to attempt alternate solutions to resolve issues and adjust to a dynamic, changing technical and business environment
- MS in Engineering and / or Computer Science
- B.E., B.Tech. or above
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Dallas,Texas
Secondary Locations: TX – Dallas, TX – Richardson, TX – Arlington,