India / India / / Mumbai
Technology & Engineering
#: 89102-en_US / 89102
ABOUT THE JOB
Media Engineering organization helps to deliver a set of Web Services that are scalable and highly available for our Mobile Meters. This data and its derived analytics empower clients with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, optimize their strategies, and much more.
We implement services using latest technologies and use the latest techniques to implement SDLC, Setup Private/Public VPCs, Deploy scalable architectures, secure data storage and transportation, Orchestrate multiple jobs on production data. Our current Initiatives include using Infrastructure as a Service, Reusable services using Docker & Kubernetes, developing and deploying serverless architectures at scale.
- Software Engineering:
- Write clean, concise, maintainable big data jobs
- Comfortable authoring code on a distributed compute platform
- Author clear and purposeful stories
- Drive automation at every step from code to deploy
- Problem Solving Capabilities using Data Structures and Algorithms
- Promote best practices in development and operations
- Ability to work in Agile environment
- Author unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Perform load, scale, and performance tests
- Understand and critique the overall platform architecture
- Implement reusable algorithmic code
- Offer constructive feedback on design documents from other team members
- Bring a strong focus on innovation and the use of open source technologies
- Cloud: AWS
- Workflow Orchestration: Airflow, Oozie
- Containerization: Docker
- Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Swarm
- Programming Languages: Scala(Preferable), Python(Preferable)
- Big Data Frameworks: Spark, Hive, Flink, Hadoop, Map-Reduce
- Persistence: PostgreSQL, MySQL
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Nielsen, our obsession with understanding consumer behavior through technology is what motivates us. To us, innovation isn’t random – it’s a result of encouraging each other to develop new ideas and technologies and then, challenging ourselves to push even further.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!