North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 97407-en_US / 97407
Senior Business Analyst, Customer Success & Strategy – 97407
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
About the Job
We have an exciting opportunity to work for one of the industry’s leading marketing intelligence providers who analyzes consumer behavior across channels and devices to help brands optimize marketing and advertising performance by audience segment.
The Senior Business Analyst will execute analytical components of the program planning phase, client marketing and measurement framework creation, value-based testing frameworks and ongoing client learning plans. The role requires the ability to independently execute analytical work and be a self-starter in the development of client thought leadership deliverables. Working with the broader Customer Success team and Client Strategy and Analytics leadership, this position is charged with producing data-driven narratives that facilitate action by the client.
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person should have an analytical mindset and be very proficient in “getting their hands dirty” in data. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in high demand, a performance-driven environment. They must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel.
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis and recommendations
- Dig within data to discover “pearls” of actionable insight
- Date Mine campaign, customer, demographic and behavioral data to provide conclusions, implications, and actionable recommendations designed to improve the quality of future relationship marketing communications
- Demonstrate proficiency in the utilization of analytical tools such as Excel, Tableau, Microsoft PowerBi, Spotfire, and/or R, for customer, audience and marketing analysis
- Develop a close working relationship with assigned clients to provide strategic consultation to drive client adoption of our marketing intelligence platform
- Provide Strategic consultation on marketing and analytics best practices
- Communicate effectively and succinctly both in written format and verbally, with all levels of an organization
- Engage, align and influence senior executives at the client and their agency partners
- Command a room by thinking on one’s feet while giving presentations
- BA/BS required
- 2-4 years’ experience in Digital Marketing overall with 2-4 years of experience in analytics (dependent on Seniority Level)
- Proficiency in the utilization of analytical techniques for the measurement of customer and marketing data, CRM, digital advertising and web environments
- Knowledge of digital data technologies (DMPs, Google Analytics, digital pixel tracking, site tagging, etc.) as well as emerging trends in the digital ecosystem
- Motivated, self-starter who has a proven track record of leading complex analysis and analytical strategy
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced data environment
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Deep experience with a breadth of digital marketing mediums including Paid Search, Programmatic Display and Video, Paid Social
- Experience with a breadth of analytics technologies desired:
- Past work experience within a SaaS environment
- Attribution (i.e. Visual IQ)
- Ad Servers – i.e. DCM
- Tag Management
- DSPs – Nielsen Marketing Cloud, Oracle Blue Kai, etc.
- Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics
- Tableau, PowerBI, Spotfire, Looker, Etc.
- (Preferred) SQL, PostgreSQL, R, Amazon Redshift, Amazon S3
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: MA – Needham, Remote, ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time