Greater China / China / / Shanghai
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 109652-en_US / 109652
Senior Business Analyst – 109652
Finance and Corporate Development – China
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Business Analyst is a member of Nielsen’s Core FP&A team in China. In this role, the person will play an integral part and support processes that meet business needs, manage issues within functional areas of expertise. This is a fast paced, high performing team that participates in business planning (annual/ad hoc) and performing analytical assessment to assess business health. Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and present data is a requirement.
- Integrate and support processes that meet business needs, manage issues within functional areas of expertise
- Analyze and organize data appropriately by anticipating the internal clients expectations and work effectively
- Use knowledge of line of business and trends to determine materiality of variances; analyze and report the financial impact on the business
- Manages forecasting and planning process, ensuring reporting requirement deadlines are met by facilitating and coordinating efforts across all teams locally and regionally
- Ensure effective closing of books on monthly & quarterly basis, meeting all checks and balances and reporting requirements
- Effectively participate in business planning session (annual/ad hoc) and track progress
- Anticipate the effect of other relevant systems and procedures on FP&A processes by applying knowledge of accounting, finance and business processes.
- Assist in driving the profitability and growth by analyzing revenues and costs as well as new initiatives as well as helping manage cash flow
- Frequently performing analytical assessment of different streams of businesses to check on the profitability and other relevant KPI to assess business health.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the Finance, Research industry or FMCG, Marketing industry with a matrix organization structure, and experience in a multinational desired
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or other related disciplines.
- Qualified Accountant desired (CA, ACA, CIMA, ACCA etc.)
- Ability to organize multiple responsibilities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes in priorities.
- Ability to influence and strategically partner with individuals of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the organization
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and present data.
- Ability to be a business partner and communicate with non-finance stakeholders effectively and articulately.
- Able to break down complex issues into simpler steps and resolve them.
- Strong controllership and compliance mind-set.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and follow up skills
ABOUT THE TEAM
As guardians of the Nielsen Media assets, our Finance teams strive to accurately report the financial position of Nielsen. We seek to continuously improve finance processes, controls and systems. We aim to provide clear, simple and insightful financial information to our business leaders in order to drive positive financial action. As a team we work in the spirit of integrity, accountability, quality and diligence, whilst maintaining the highest ethical standards.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Shanghai