North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 92714-en_US / 92714
Senior Compensation Analyst – 92714
Human Resources – USA New York, New York
Working within the Global Compensation Guidelines, the Senior Compensation Analyst will support the Director of Executive & Corporate Compensation in researching job requirements and evaluating job positions to ensure the company maintains a competitive total compensation package.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide end to end compensation support to Global Corporate Functions (HR, Finance, Marcom, Legal, DE&I) including:
- Responsible for all compensation related matters for corporate functions in the US and partner with region/country specific compensation persons to meet the compensation needs of corporate functions outside of the US.
- Conduct compensation analysis including market benchmarking for quarterly promotions process, role expansions & counter offers.Prepare and present summary reports of job and compensation analyses.
- Implement the job architecture project for all corporate functions and analyze market competitiveness for each group
- Ensure alignment with Company Total Rewards philosophy while allowing the Company to recruit and retain the highest quality talent possible.Provide hiring ranges for any open roles in the corporate groups
- Review compliance with FLSA standards, and advise management on applicable state and federal employment regulations and compensation policies
- Lead year-end compensation processes, including merit increase and incentive payout planning for corporate functions
- Conduct HR and manager trainings for compensation matters
- Lead global projects across all business groups like pay equity analysis, CEO pay ratio etc
- Support other business groups to provide compensation analysis on as needed basis.
- Support in conducting annual market pricing and consultant-sponsored compensation/benefits surveys
- Provide support for global compensation systems (SAP, myCareer) and larger scale HR system projects
- Create reports and models for compensation programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of compensation experience including strong understanding of compensation structure and administration including job evaluation, market benchmarking base salary, and incentives
- Familiarity with HRIS administration, SAP preferred
- Strong experience with data analysis and mathematical modeling using spreadsheets/database; ability to identify research and correct data anomalies; ability to decipher large data sets and tell the story
- Experience coordinating projects and leading a team (project plan management desired)
- Advanced skills with Microsoft suite, high level in Excel (basic programming skills a plus)
- Detail oriented
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to collaboratively work with a wide range of people at all levels of the organization in various locations
- Experience with SAP and/or Successfactors sales incentive plan design and administration
- Experience with Google applications including sheets, doc, slides, gmail, and chats
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, Remote,