North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 100664-en_US / 100664
Data Scientist – 100664
Data Science – USA New York, New York
What is the role? Who am I working with?
The Marketing Cloud Data Science team focuses on creating and scaling audience segments for digital activation. Using our expertise in big data, predictive modeling, and automation, we produce and manage thousands of machine learning models at scale. This enables marketers to optimize their campaigns by engaging devices, individuals, and households with targeted messaging.
This position reports to the Program Manager of Modeling and Analytics Solutions. They will take on a leading role in the analysis and application of our data assets. This includes the usage of our machine learning models in various products and services across Nielsen, such as targeting and activation, insights and analytics, and identity resolution.
What will I do?
- Conduct studies, identify opportunities, and develop solutions to enhance the quality and performance of Marketing Cloud data assets
- Work closely with product teams to optimize usage of Marketing Cloud data assets
- Work closely with our machine learning experts to produce and refine modeled data assets
- Research and develop new use cases for Marketing Cloud data assets
- Support the business and client teams by investigating and analyzing large-scale datasets
Is this for me?
This position requires a detail-oriented person who can problem-solve and work independently on critical initiatives while understanding the big picture.
- Minimum of 3+ years work experience in analytics or data science
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- Strong, practical knowledge of SQL; has experience working with relational databases, preferably on the scale of terabytes or above
- Experience working with cloud-based computing and storage solutions, preferably AWS
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to explain complex problems to non-technical audiences
- Experience interfacing with internal clients and managing multiple projects at once
- Naturally curious, has a passion for solving problems and critical thinking
- Good vibes, integrity, and good work ethic
- Experience in media or marketing analytics, e.g. lookalike modeling, A/B testing, insights analysis, customer segmentation
- Experience with online media and the ad tech ecosystem
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Superset)
- Experience using Python for scripting, analysis, visualization (relevant libraries include numpy, pandas, matplotlib)
- Experience with other technical tools such as Airflow, Bash, and Git
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.