North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 94903-en_US / 94903
Senior Data Scientist – 94903
Data Science – USA New York, New York
Media Data Science as a Service designs scalable and reusable tools for Nielsen Data Science and builds custom methodologies that integrate our state-of-the-art data assets into cutting-edge audience measurement products. The Senior Data Scientist will lead and support methodology, production of analytical tools and services, custom analysis, and software design.
You’re a visionary who can also execute–you see the possibilities, create a plan and make it happen. You have experience building, debugging, and optimizing data science tools and you are not afraid to take a risk or two. You have the communication chops to translate it all into conversation or presentations, connecting strategic objectives to daily work. Keeping up with the fast-changing world of digital media measurement takes someone who recognizes that. You know what’s happening in big data and you’re ready to influence what’s next.
What will I do?
- Leading and supporting analyses for Media Data Science as a Service, including custom products, syndicated products, client inquiries, and impact of changing methodologies.
- Build scalable machine-learning and statistical software.
- Leading prototyping and pilot programs for R&D purposes, such as integration of disparate datasets, automation, trend analyses, identifying gaps for improvements in coverage, representation/ sampling, bias reduction, indirect estimation, outlier detection, generalization, and harmonization.
- Developing, documenting, implementing, and testing new audience measurement methodologies in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Designing data production flows for automation using cloud and workflow management tools.
- Collaboratively creating and managing projects, from timeline creation to project completion.
- Communicating with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Representing Nielsen within research and industry associations.
Is this for me?
- B.S. or Masters degree in Statistics, Social Science, Operation Research, or other hard sciences (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Biology, Physics etc.) with outstanding analytical expertise or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in trend analyses, multivariate statistics (parametric/ non-parametric), sampling, bias reduction, indirect estimation, data aggregation techniques, automation, generalization, machine learning.
- Proficiency in Python and literacy in other statistical packages.
- Proficiency in SQL, working with algorithms and large-scale databases.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret large data sets.
- Experience in Nielsen methodologies, data collection, platforms, research processes and operations.
- Domain expertise in at least one area: statistics, machine learning, sampling, audience measurement, data integration and/or digital market research.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, Microstrategy).
- Experience in big data technologies.
What we offer.
- A collegial team of smart, intellectually curious data scientists
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Exciting projects and clients
- Flexibility in working hours and location
- An open, respectful collaborative environment with colleagues around the globe
- Peer-driven workshops
- Conference opportunities
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,