North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
#: 88784-en_US / 88784
Senior Data Scientist – Total Audience Measurement – 88784
Data Science – USA Oldsmar, Florida
Data Science is core to what Nielsen does, and our research projects have high visibility in directly affecting the results of our business and our clients. As a senior data scientist, you will be supporting cutting edge methodologies in the Digital Total Audience team and provides the opportunity to contribute to methodological innovation in the exciting and fast-changing world of digital media measurement.This is an ideal position to grow as a data engineer, contribute to innovative products, and develop subject-matter expertise in digital methodology and cross-platform audience measurement.
The Digital Total Audience team within the Data Science Research and Development organization focuses on building innovative methodologies and supporting Nielsen’s highly successful products out in the marketplace for cross platform (TV and Digital) total audience deduplication. As part of this exciting team, this position will focus on building cutting edge deduplication methodologies and be responsible for the design and maintenance of the data flow processes . You will be responsible for owning data science methodologies end to end and will act as the go-to subject matter expert on the team for best practices and design implementation for our sophisticated and innovative methodologies.
What will I do ?
- Create, maintain, and support robust methodology such as machine learning or other statistical methods.
- Deliver datasets to support production systems and supports implementation validations, upholding high standards and best practices.
- Lead pipeline prototyping as well as supporting pilot programs for R&D purposes. The primary areas include – but not limited to – data integration, automation, generalization, harmonization as well as working with different data sources.
- Work with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and test new total audience measurement methodologies.
- Assist in the design and testing of data collection methodologies for Nielsen total audience products.
- Provide research support for the identification and implementation of methods and best practices to improve methodology implementation.
Is this for me?
- 3+ years of experience in a data science or data engineering role
- Bachelors degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Social Science, Operation Research, or other hard sciences (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Biology, Physics etc.) with outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical leadership
- Proficient in Python or other general purpose programming languages, or other statistical/data processing packages, or Airflow management tools
- Proficient in the PyData stack or other machine learning, statistics, and data processing packages
- Familiar with working in Unix-based and cloud environments.
- Expert in SQL and working relational database management systems (RDBMS)
- Familiar with data airflow, data aggregation techniques, automation or generalization
- Proficient in pyspark or other big data processing languages
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Social Science, Operation Research, or other hard sciences (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Biology, Physics etc.).
- Demonstrates experience in Nielsen methodologies, data collection, platforms, research processes and operations.
- Domain expert in at least one area: Demography, Sampling, Statistics Modeling, Research Practices, Data Integration and/or Digital/TV measurement techniques
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,