North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 85369-en_US / 85369
Senior Data Scientist – 85369
Data Science – USA Chicago, Illinois
The Addressable TV Measurement initiative will expand Nielsen’s core audience measurement capabilities to encompass TV programs and ad exposures, including both linear ads and dynamically inserted ads that target specific audiences. This work requires integrating big data from addressable-capable data partners, such as smart TVs and digital cable and satellite providers, with Nielsen’s traditional panel measurement.
We are currently looking for a Data Scientist to support the development and implementation of foundational statistical methodologies to measure TV content and ad viewership from big data sources.
What will I do?
- Execute complex research projects from beginning to end — develop innovative new methodologies, enhance existing methodologies, run simulations and analyses, etc.
- Support deployment and maintenance of data pipelines and models in a production environment
- Work with cross-functional teams to productionalize, validate, and optimize methodologies
- Stay abreast of developments in research methodology and changing technologies in the marketplace and proactively identify applications of these latest developments to improve existing methods
- Collaborate with and provide technical guidance of other team members
- Summarize, document, and communicate research findings to audiences of varying levels of subject matter expertise
Is this for me?
- Masters degree in statistics, mathematics, social sciences, biological/physical sciences, or computer science
- 2+ years research experience in a business setting
- Outstanding statistical and analytical skills with expertise in machine learning techniques
- Proficient in Python and other programming languages (e.g., SQL, Scala)
- Expertise with statistical libraries (e.g., scikit learn, Spark MLlib)
- Proficient with data visualization tools (e.g., Matplotlib, Plotly, Superset)
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g., Spark, AWS)
- Software engineering experience, including version control (git), unit/integration testing, code review
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, NY – New York City, ,