India / India / / Mumbai
Technology & Engineering
#: 75354-en_US / 75354
Nielsen is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demand. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.
Senior Engineer – 75354
Technology and Engineering – India Mumbai, Maharashtra
SENIOR ENGINEER – BIG DATA
ABOUT THIS JOB
Media Engineering organization helps to deliver a set of Web Services that are scalable and highly available for our Mobile Meters. This data and its derived analytics empower clients with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, optimize their strategies, and much more.
We implement services using latest technologies and use the latest techniques to implement SDLC, Setup Private/Public VPCs, Deploy scalable architectures, secure data storage and transportation, Orchestrate multiple jobs on production data. Our current Initiatives include using Infrastructure as a Service, Reusable services using Docker & Kubernetes, developing and deploying serverless architectures at scale.
- Software Engineering:
- Write clean, concise, maintainable big data jobs
- Comfortable authoring code on a distributed compute platform
- Author clear and purposeful stories
- Drive automation at every step from code to deploy
- Problem Solving Capabilities using Data Structures and Algorithms
- Promote best practices in development and operations
- Ability to work in Agile environment
- Author unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Perform load, scale, and performance tests
- Understand and critique the overall platform architecture
- Implement reusable algorithmic code
- Offer constructive feedback on design documents from other team members
- Bring a strong focus on innovation and the use of open source technologies
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
We are looking for brilliant engineers to join the team, they typically have the following traits:
- knowledge of developing big data jobs using Scala/Python.
- Motivated learners
- Quantitative minds
- Interested in building components at scale
- Cloud: AWS
- Workflow Orchestration: Airflow, Oozie
- Containerization: Docker
- Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Swarm
- Programming Languages: Scala(Preferable), Python(Preferable)
- Big Data Frameworks: Spark, Hive, Flink, Hadoop, Map-Reduce
- Persistence: PostgreSQL, MySQL
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Mumbai,Maharashtra
Secondary Locations: , , ,