Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
#: 82403-en_US / 82403
Senior Executive, Data Science – 82403
Data Science – Australia
About The Role
The Data Science organization is at the core of Nielsen’s market research methodologies. Our associates are highly talented and capable professionals. We are client-focused and deliver quality and cutting edge methods to enable Nielsen’s clients to gain valuable insights about their products and services. Data Science supports product & methodology enhancement, new product roll-outs, sample design, universe estimation and data fusion. Data Science also ensures our survey methodology and design are aligned with global standards and industry best practices.
- Deliver analyses to support the implementation of standards and best practices
- Assisting with rolling out new or enhanced services & ensure sustainability
- Consult with internal clients and provide expert technical consultation to solve complex data science-related issues
- Interact with the stakeholders on new methodology implementation to enhance the quality of Nielsen statistical services
- Develop and apply technology skills to improve business processes through automation and programming tools
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering or Science discipline with outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical leadership
- Min 2 years of work experience in the survey research industry with hands-on experience in developing and executing survey research methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft tools, SAS, R and Python
- Strong statistics and data manipulation skills
- Familiarity with data fusion processes
- Experience with working in a computing environment, with large datasets and able to integrate across datasets will be an advantage
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced business environment
- Ability to use statistical methodologies to analyze data
- Strong ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Confident communication skills
- Team player
- Familiarity with the media industry in Australia would be an advantage
About The Team
At Nielsen, our obsession with understanding consumer behavior through technology is what motivates us. To us, innovation isn’t random – it’s a result of encouraging each other to develop new ideas and technologies and then, challenging ourselves to push even further.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park