Asia Pacific / Australia / / Melbourne
#: 73889-en_US / 73889
Senior Executive, Marketing Effectiveness (Marketing Mix Modeling) – 73889
Analytics – Australia Melbourne
ABOUT THIS JOB
When you see an ad on TV, a sponsored post in your social media newsfeed, a billboard from the highway, or price discount on the shelf, do you ever wonder how the advertiser decided to place those ads, and whether they actually work to drive purchases? If you work at Nielsen, you can help advertisers understand the answers to these very important questions and inform their strategies going forward. Globally industry spends ~$600B on advertising and you can become part of the team on a mission to measure and improve the efficiency of every single dollar of that spend translating into $60B+ in value.
This role belongs to the Marketing Effectiveness Practice which is to identify the optimal path to improve the effectiveness of clients; marketing strategy/activities via advanced analytical solutions.
The mission of this role is to help our clients identify their business opportunities or solve their business issues, by proposing optimal analytical solutions and delivering the analysis with actionable business insights, based on a deep understanding of client needs and robust analytical expertise across varied Nielsen solutions.
Once a project is commissioned, the individual in this role will collaborate with internal modelling hub on most solutions, translating client needs into detailed analytical requirements for the modelling hub, and drawing/reporting actionable business insights out of the modelling/analytics outcome to meet clients & business needs. Through this, this role will build client satisfaction, leading to sustainable revenue for Nielsen.
To achieve this mission, the individual will be responsible for:
- Accountable for leading analysis projects on assigned Marketing Effectiveness solutions and ensure the assigned study deliverables meet client needs with actionable insights in a timely manner, as well as company's quality standards, under a supervision of a manager.
- Analytical mastery of assigned Marketing Effectiveness solutions, and technical mastery by collaborating with internal solution experts/modeling hub.
- Translate client needs into study design and detailed analytical requirements, for a flawless briefing to the modeling hub.
- Gather necessary data for analysis from clients or other internal departments in Nielsen, and review the quality of the data, to feed the modeling hub.
- Guide the modeling hub to ensure timely modeling execution following Nielsen quality standards.
- Interpret modeling outcomes from the hub with actionable business insights to fully meet client needs and company & quality standards.
- Assist in the analysis and report development for clients, including charting.
- Assist in answering inquiries from clients on the analysis of outcomes.
- Support senior members of the team in proposal development, including detailed solution specs finalization, collaborating with internal solution experts, and preparation for proposal presentations.
- Recommend improvements in work processes within the area of responsibility.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Curiosity drives your interest in what moves the market. You find potential in percentages. Managing time and deadlines comes naturally to you.
You’re known for your impeccable organization. Connecting with clients matters to you, and that
motivates you to sift through data for a new angle. You can identify the narratives behind numbers, and you’re always looking for what’s next.
- Bachelor Degree from Numerical Background
- Min 3 Years of working experience within media space – analytics/client service
- Analytical Driven
- Strong Problem-solving capability, sometimes through out-of-box thinking.
- Excellent communication skills can articulate concepts simply and concisely to the point.
- Strong mindset on accountability, results-oriented; one who takes initiatives & follow-through.
- Robust statistical knowledge.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to convert ideas into powerful visualizations and charts.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Melbourne,Victoria