Asia Pacific / Malaysia / 10 / Petaling Jaya
#: 75587-en_US / 75587
Nielsen is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demand. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.
Senior Executive, Media Data Science – 75587
Data Science – Malaysia Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
- Responsible for best practices and executing business as usual (BAU) sampling, universe estimation and weighting exercises for Malaysia and Singapore
- Participate and lead projects in harmonized methodologies and practices across South-east Asian countries
- Interact with the internal Media Client Service team on new methodology implementation and be the design and analysis partner on innovation projects
- Communicate with external clients on the methodologies adopted and explain the results released if needed
- Lead the management of external vendor and internal associates in-charge of data-related work for local syndicated products
- 2-3 yrs of work experience in the survey research industry, preferably with hands-on experience in real-life data preparation and analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, or Econometrics with outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical leadership
- Proficient in Google Sheets (Microsoft Excel – pivot tables e.t.c.) and Python (written at least 100-150 lines of codes)
- Experience in some or all of statistical modeling, trend analyses, data aggregation techniques and automation
- Able to work with cross-functional teams and a competent team player with good data sense
- Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Petaling Jaya,Selangor Darul Ehsan