North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 76922-en_US / 76922
Senior Finance Manager – 76922
Finance and Corporate Development – USA Chicago, Illinois
NCSolutions (NCS) is a Nielsen Global Media Company.
NCS empowers the Consumer Packaged Goods ecosystem to create and deliver more effective advertising with purchase-based audiences and sales measurement solutions. As a joint venture, we harness the unrivaled data resources of our parent companies, including the rights to the TV and digital currency data. Leveraging these assets coupled with scientific rigor and leading edge technology, we help our clients continuously improve advertising performance, everywhere their ad appears.
Please see https://www.ncsolutions.com/
Title: Senior Finance Manager
Reports to: SVP Finance
Location: IL, OH, NY, FL
Manages: One report, senior financial analyst
Travel: Up to 5%
The Senior Finance Manager is responsible for forecasting, planning, and partnering with the business to provide timely reporting and analysis to enable informed decision making in a fast-paced environment.
- Forecasting revenue, expenses, EBITDA and cash flow
- Managing and coordinating the annual operating plan process
- Preparing P&L reporting and analysis of results to share with key internal business partners, parent company stakeholders and the board of directors for the joint venture
- Identifying and proactively sharing key drivers impacting the financial results and forecast with functional leaders
- Creating and refining processes to analyze the impact of client pricing and vendor deal structure on product profitability
- Managing and continuing to develop the senior financial analyst
- Partnering with NCS Controllership to ensure appropriate controls, policies and systems are in place
- Collaborating with the finance team to continuously improve tools, reporting and processes
- Proactive communication and planning on status of key deliverables, issues and processes
- Ad hoc analysis and cross-functional representation on business initiatives
- 5-7 years of experience in FP&A
- +1 year of experience as a people manager
- Knowledge and experience with financial software and systems (SAP, Salesforce, and Financialforce preferred)
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google suite
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices and standards
- Excellent Communicator: Ability to process data to share the right message at the right time for the audience
- Planning & Prioritization: Ability to plan and prioritize work to effectively manage time and meet deadlines even as changes occur
- Ownership: Responsibility for and pride in one’s performance and its impact on the company and team’s success
- Growth mindset: Open and eager to learn and further develop as an individual and as part of a team
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, OH – Cincinnati, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar,
Travel: Yes, 5% of the Time