North America / United States / NY / New York City
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 89001-en_US / 89001
Senior Financial Analyst – 89001
Finance and Corporate Development- USA New York, New York
The Senior Financial Analyst is a member of the Media Operations Finance team. In this role, the Senior Financial Analyst will play an integral part in the forecasting, planning, and reporting process. You will partner with teams across the entire Product Technology & Operations organization to develop and improve reporting packages, planning processes, financial models and analytics. You will have direct responsibility for expense budgets and be a business partner to senior leaders including Vice Presidents of Operations and Program/Project Managers. This role will also provide ad-hoc analysis as needed to support and influence senior leadership. Strong financial acumen including experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis is a requirement.
- Support month end close process through the review of actual results and the creation requested journal entries
- Provide financial mentorship to leadership to ensure compliance with Nielsen’s financial policies and procedures
- Drive operational improvements and implement best practices around forecasting, budgeting and management reporting
- Assist leadership in monthly financial variance analysis.
- Preparation and consolidation as part of the financial cycle including monthly/quarterly budgeting & forecasting, annual plan setting, variance to plan and forecast analysis, etc.
- Supports cost savings initiatives by developing relevant analytics, validating sources of savings, and providing updates to cross functional teams
- Partner with various groups including IT, Operations, Commercial, Accounting, HR and Finance to report out findings, trends and identify solutions for potential issues and process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years’ experience in Accounting or Finance Role
- Must have a strong work ethic, self-motivated work style and a good attention to detail and enjoy a dynamic environment with new challenges and changing work priorities
- Individual contributor and team player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, close attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Experience manipulating large data sets and turning them into usable information
- Comfortable working cross-functionally and with senior leadership
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Suite
- Previous Operations Finance experience is a plus
- SAP Financial systems and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience with TM1/Planning Analytics Web Tool is a plus
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Oldsmar, FL, Chicago, IL, Remote