North America / United States / NY / New York City
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 100001-en_US / 100001
Senior Financial Analyst – 100001
Finance and Corporate Development – USA New York, New York
The Senior Financial Analyst is a member of Nielsen’s Core FP&A team. In this role, the Senior Financial Analyst will play an integral part in the forecasting, planning, and reporting process. This is a fast paced, high performing team that executes financial planning and analysis for Nielsen’s Global PTOC (Product, Technology, Operations & Content) Organization. Partnership is required with teams across the entire PTOC organization to develop and improve reporting packages, planning processes, financial models and analytics. This role will also provide ad-hoc analysis as needed to support and influence senior leadership. Strong financial acumen including experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis is a requirement.
- Play a key role in the financial planning cycle, including monthly/quarterly forecasting, variance analyses against operating plan, trending analyses and walks vs. prior year
- Provide support in the annual planning process, including maintenance of templates, consolidation and review of the plan at the account/cost center level
- Partner with Finance Business Partners and Human Resource leaders to understand current trends in headcount across PTOC and assist in forecasting for the future
- Manage weekly PTOC expense forecast review with functional finance leaders
- Drive operational improvements and implement best practices around forecasting, budgeting and management reporting
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses as needed to support and influence senior leadership
- Partner with various groups outside of PTOC including Commercial, Accounting, HR and Corporate to report out findings, trends and identify solutions for potential issues and process improvements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in FP&A, expense management, finance business partner or related role
- Must have a strong work ethic, self-motivated work style and enjoy a dynamic work environment with new challenges and changing priorities
- Individual contributor and team player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage projects and initiatives independently with minimal oversight
- Strong organizational skills, close attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Suite and ability to learn SAP, TM1 and HFM financial systems (previous experience is a plus)
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote