North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
#: 98581-en_US / 98581
Senior Frontend Engineer – 98581
Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California
Gracenote, a Nielsen Media Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join Gracenote’s Video team. The focus of this position is to develop beautiful and functional Web applications to display everything from big data dashboards to metadata editors for some of the largest television networks.
We are using the latest technologies running on open source big data platforms and deployed on a public cloud. Our team is comprised of engineers with experience building UI, analytics, and big data platforms.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Building enterprise web applications for some of the largest network television companies
- Building web applications for big data visualizations
- Implementing advanced UIs for managing and accessing the huge portfolio of Gracenote entertainment data
- Experience developing and architecting large scale web applications
- Strong experience with React JS, React Hooks, ES6, (Redux is a plus)
- Detailed knowledge of CSS3, SASS, responsive design
- Experience with Webpack and Babel
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Self-awareness, drive, and a desire to continually improve
- A passion for great UI and UX
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Cloud experience
Top reasons to work for Gracenote:
- Work environment that promotes work/life balance
- Significant opportunity to work on fun UI/UX and with all pieces of big data technology stack
- Real influence on entertainment experience of hundreds of millions of people all around the world
- Open culture where fun, collaboration and happiness is key
- Profitable company, plus stability and security of a larger parent company
- Fun activities – we’re in media and entertainment business
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California