North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 85027-en_US / 85027
We're looking for a Sr. Information Architect to be part of our growing UX team in Chicago, IL, supporting web applications that empower advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments around the globe. Working hand-in-hand with our highly-engaged product managers, engineers and an international UX consortium supporting shared UX tools, processes and resources, you will be part of a foundational team that shapes the future of Nielsen software solutions.
- Research how users consume data categorization, labeling and data insights to bring the users’ mental model into how we structure the content within our products.
- Analyze and understand complex data systems that will support the information flow to the user.
- Craft intuitive navigation, schema and categorization to help deliver solutions for complex business problems that anticipate user needs, are grounded in user vernacular and support a natural flow of information across multiple use cases and user types.
- Design scalable information architecture models that apply to multiple application experiences.
- Contribute to our design system repository with standardizations for data information display, categorization and navigation.
- Use qualitative and quantitative research methods to inform, validate and improve your work.
- Collaborate with teams of stakeholders, product managers, engineers, data scientists, program managers, commercial leaders, marketing content strategist, and UX across the globe.
- At least 5 years of experience as an Information Architect for B2B web applications (much more experience is fine).
- High proficiency defining the information architecture behind complex, data-driven web applications.
- Studying how users perceive and interact with data-driven content used in navigation, labeling and messaging.
- Preparing IA models and schemas needed to support the user experience.
- You’re a curator of empathy both for the user and co-workers to enable you to communicate and define information architecture effectively.
- Attention for details, strong organizational and analytical skills and business acumen.
- A collaborative mentality with a need for continuous learning.
- Excellent communication skills – You can effectively establish understanding and rationale of your work verbally (in English) and visually.
- Proficiency with design tools, such as Axure, Sketch or Figma.
- Ability to provide user data, heuristics and design systems components and guidelines to inform product management and engineering decisions.
- Comfortable working in a large, international, corporate and cross time-zone environment with remote teams.