North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
Technology & Engineering
#: 97082-en_US / 97082
Senior Infrastructure Engineer – 97082
Technology and Engineering – USA Emeryville, California
We seek a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer (Storage SAN, NAS, Backup & DR) to join our Metadata & Media Infrastructure operations team. The ideal candidate for this role will have a deep understanding of highly available systems & storage architecture and design, strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Manage Gracenote storage and backup equipment and services, as well as Storage Area Network, SAN Fabric, NAS services and clients.
- Proactively monitor and report on storage and backup performance and availability, and proactively address issues.
- Strong NetApp OnTap experience. Coordinate all DataOntap upgrades, Storage refreshes and storage maintenance
- Manage day to day operations of the SAN/NAS environment.Provision new storage, FC LUNs, LUN mapping and configure those on SAN clients
- Install, administer, and managing Brocade/Cisco MDS Fiber Channel Switches including SAN zoning using SAN NAV,DCNM and other tools.
- Monitor backups, troubleshoot failed backups, and generate different kind of backup reports
- Manage backup appliances, tape libraries, drives&media, and offsite tape vaulting.
- Install, upgrade and manage storage and backup infrastructure including hardware, cabling and cable management, and labelling.
- Document new storage installs, existing storage configurations and update asset management systems.
- Work with internal application and service groups to find their requirements and provide storage and backup resources.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Nice to have experience working with scripting and Ansible.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent training and experience required.
- 8 -10 years’ experience managing NetApp,Pure,EMC storage and Veritas Netbackup infrastructure and operational resources.
- 8-10 years’ experience in Enterprise Backups installation, configuration, and managing backups for databases, Exchange and NAS filers with NDMP.
- Experience managing and monitoring tape libraries.
- SAN/NAS administration and troubleshooting skills and experience with storage systems such as NetApp,Pure,EMC,Data Domain,Veritas and Quantum.
- Administration and troubleshooting of NetApp AFF/FAS filers and EF flash arrays.
- Managing and troubleshooting NFS exports and CIFS Shares. Troubleshoot any access and security issues with CIFS environments.
- Experience with Solaris, Linux, Windows operating systems and VMware vSphere.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and strong customer service focus. Detail-oriented, ability to work across different functional teams within the organization and support vendors.
- Excellent customer and team relationship skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to rack, cable storage and backup equipment. #LI-SP2
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,