Asia Pacific / Australia / / Lane Cove
#: 79102-en_US / 79102
Senior Insight Analyst – 79102
Analytics – Australia
About the Role
The Senior Insights Analyst reports to the Director, Product Strategy and supports the drive for TAM (Television Audience Measurement) service development and enhancement through analytical and insight-driven projects, reporting and data visualisation. The ideal candidate will have an insights-driven mindset and the ability to work across multiple teams and data sources to collate, generate, interpret and report research findings, trend analyses and insights. The Senior Insights Analyst will work on a range of high profile initiatives and gain exposure to various Nielsen TAM business units and stakeholders, namely Product Strategy, Service Development and Design and Analytics.
- Analysing data through multiple lenses and crafting a story through the translation of data into compelling insights that are tailored to multiple end users’ needs.
- Communication of results in a clear and concise manner through various mediums – Powerpoint presentations, written reports, case studies, dashboards and incorporation into marketing and education/training materials.
- Writing and maintaining technical, process and product documentation to contribute to knowledge sharing and information library.
- Proficient use of TV rating data and industry-specific software and analytical tools such as Arianna, eTAM, Nielsen Consumer Media View.
- Strong data visualisation skills using Tableau, Kibana, L&J iPort or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, including Excel.
- Exposure/experience in interpreting OzTAM’s Video Player Measurement data and/or Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings.
- High attention to detail and ownership of the quality and integrity of work, including the ability to perform self and peer quality assurance checks on output, as well as the capacity to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Innate curiosity combined with a passion for data and a proactive approach to generating value-add insights for multiple stakeholders and uses.
- Strong interpersonal, business engagement, problem-solving and communication skills with the ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders collaboratively and autonomously.
- Tertiary level qualifications in business, statistics, research or related fields.
- At least 2-3 years of demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid time management skills, capacity to stay focused and well-organised, as well as a demonstrated ability to plan and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
About the Team
Nielsen Media has been and will continue to be the most important third-party independent measurement provider. From development through syndication, the Product team provides critical data and insights that helps inform measurement. You’ll be at the centre of product development and delivery to enable media markets to function.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Lane Cove