North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
Technology & Engineering
#: 92626-en_US / 92626
Mid and Senior DevOps Engineer – 92626
Technology and Engineering – USA Emeryville, California
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global standard for entertainment measurement, big data analytics & insights, and audience experience, and content services.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the world’s leading provider of entertainment data and media technology. Gracenote data powers the world’s top music, cable & satellite, streaming & on demand, sports and automotive platforms and services.
Gracenote has multiple opportunities for mid-level and senior DevOps Engineers on our Core DevOps Team.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining and troubleshooting the infrastructure within Nielsen’s Gracenote brand. If you are someone who has hands-on DevOps experience, loves automating their personal tasks, is a team player and loves to share knowledge, then this job is for you!
Tools and Technologies: AWS, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Kubernetes, Grafana, Prometheus, Graylog/Loki etc
- Deploy, automate, maintain, and troubleshoot DevOps managed shared services
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production systems
- Research and implement new DevOps technologies
- Work closely with the Global DevOps and dedicated DevOps teams
- Suggest and implement best practices and architecture improvements
- A master’s degree, a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years DevOps experience for Senior, or 2-4 years DevOps experience for Intermediate
- Experience with at least one programming or scripting language such as Python, Ruby, Java, etc
- Experience working in a Linux & in a cloud environment
- Experience with Infrastructure as code, containerization, logging, monitoring and alerting, and CI/CD tools
- Willingness to learn above mentioned qualifications if some are missing
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience with secrets management tools like Hashicorp Vault
- Understanding of Diversity & Inclusion efforts in tech
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- An informal atmosphere in a creative, dynamic media company with opportunities for ownership and personal development.
- A friendly team that is ready to help whenever needed
- A competitive salary and good benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Reinvestment Fridays: 4 hours every Friday afternoon where you are free to research new DevOps tools and services that may be beneficial to the company and your personal growth
- Support to developers who want to contribute to open source system used in the Nielsen Media systems
Above all, we are looking for someone who is an excellent critical thinker, loves to learn and asks questions whenever necessary. We prioritize working with team members and knowledge sharing, and would like someone who can not only work independently but also cultivate a learning environment. We appreciate anyone willing to make an effort and be their best self when problem solving.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,