North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Technology & Engineering
#: 97684-en_US / 97684
Senior Machine Learning Engineer (REMOTE) – 97684
Technology and Engineering – USA Chicago, Illinois
Are you hungry for a challenge?
Nielsen pioneered the measurement of media and consumer behavior, and we’re on a mission to transform our products and technology to help the next generation of content creators, digital publishers and emerging brands compete for consumer attention. Backed by decades of analytics R&D, proprietary data assets, and a drive to improve and responsibly reinvent our industry, Nielsen is on a journey to apply the rigor and expertise that made us successful in Television, Radio, and Digital measurement to the Future of Media.
Nielsen’s Product Accelerator – the company’s internal innovation arm and startup studio – is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help research, prototype, and reinvent how truth and measurement serves consumers and the media ecosystem. In this role, you will be part of a small, hyper-collaborative team responsible for originating and implementing machine learning, causal inference, and/or other methodologies for new products.
What You’ll Do:
- You will apply machine learning and/or data science techniques to a variety of modeling problems in the aim of building successful products.
- You will teach the broader team how to research, define and implement models to solve problems in our domain — primarily leading by example as we iterate through the development process.
- You will write, test, and deploy high quality production code.
- You’ll identify areas you want to grow and attack them relentlessly.
- You will have a lot of fun while solving problems that really matter to Nielsen and the broader media industry.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about machine learning and the application of data science techniques more broadly to solve problems. You have a wide range of experience with different modeling techniques (in and out of the domain of machine learning) that allow you to assess a business problem, the data at your disposal, and/or any additional data you’ll need in order to define a model to solve said business problem.
- 5+ years of experience applying quantitative analysis and data science practices to solve business problems.
- 3+ years of experience training, implementing, and maintaining production machine learning models w/ experience using common frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, etc.)
- Experience with various ML algorithms and the ability to know which to apply to particular business problems
- Strong computer science fundamentals and experience writing production-quality code
- Understanding of and belief in the Agile and DevOps development processes and supporting tools (TDD, CI/CD, etc.)
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field (B.S. acceptable with additional relevant work experience)
- A ridiculous attention to detail and pride in the work you do
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: CA – San Francisco, MD – Columbia, MI – Southfield,