Greater China / China / / Shanghai
Client Service & Sales
#: 107743-en_US / 107743
Senior Manager, Business Development – 107743
Client Services and Sales – China
ABOUT THE ROLE
Nielsen’s Media Industry Group is currently looking for a self-motivated Business Development & Account manager to join our team in a hybrid role, focusing on both driving new business with advertisers, as well as leading the day-to-day management of a handful of advertiser accounts. If you are an enthusiastic salesperson, with some experience in sales, data & analytics, media measurement or research/insight services, and love the thrill of chasing a new sale as much as building great client relationships, this position is for you!
- Contribute to quarterly sales targets through new leads (Advertisers)
- Influence a sales strategy to generate new business leads proactively; Discovering opportunities, through to closing deals
- Contributing a consistent pipeline of, qualified, new and advanced opportunities across relevant products and services
- Build a healthy relationship with your clients as their trusted day to day point of contact
- Prioritize and respond to queries
- Regularly check in with your clients to ensure satisfaction & uncover any unmet needs
- Develop an understanding of their business and/or industry
- Manage renewals of current contracts and opportunities to grow the account
- Develop a solid understanding of all relevant Nielsen services and solutions for advertisers
- Develop internal relationships across the Media team to get support identifying opportunities & conversion of deals
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- 4-5 years’ experience as a sales representative and/or account executive within media, analytics, insights or marketing research and ideally dealing with advertisers/brands
- Understanding of the Media or Marketing Landscape is a must
- Proven track record of success across new business generation and/or client servicing
- An understanding of the China business landscape and how data, analytics and insights can help achieve brands goals
- Proficiency in Salesforce, MS office or Google Suite is also highly regarded
- Strategic thinker, & excellent communicator
ABOUT THE TEAM
Globally, Nielsen Media empowers media companies and advertisers to plan, activate and measure their content and related audiences in the new media landscape. Our Client Service and Sales team operates as a link between Production and Clients, covering all post-sales retail measurement services. We are aimed to provide our Clients best in class servicing and on-time data delivery, enhancing their satisfaction with the Nielsen core products.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Shanghai