Asia Pacific / Japan / / Tokyo
Client Service & Sales
#: 103563-en_US / 103563
Senior Manager, Business Development (Marketing Effectiveness) – 103563
Client Services and Sales – Japan Tokyo, Tokyo
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Nielsen Marketing Effectiveness (MEFF) team plays a pivotal role in helping clients ensure every $ they spend works for them and returns. We do this by providing a mix of data-led models, software solutions and consultancy to ensure clients get the results they need. We answer their key business questions to improve marketing performance, questions like What ROI does my marketing generate? How can I improve my marketing? How should I optimize my marketing investment?
At Nielsen, we leverage the power of multiple modeling methodologies without compromising the accuracy or action ability of the insights produced, so clients have access to the right insights, at exactly the right time to support any marketing decision. From strategic investments across all channels to daily tactical optimizations while campaigns are still in-flight, our holistic Marketing Effectiveness solutions deliver the unmatched speed, data access, and comprehensive measurement your team needs to keep pace with consumers, minimize waste and drive revenue and business growth.
In this role you will be at the forefront of driving the development of a highly diverse and inclusive company culture, and collaborate effectively with other Nielsen business units in the region to identify innovation and commercial growth opportunities. This is a strategic sales role and will be key to driving success in the market.
Reporting to the Director for Japan and South Korea, you will be responsible for generating new business relationships and developing existing business within a designated territory. It requires an ability to understand and articulate the value of Nielsen’s Marketing Effectiveness solutions to customers and partners up to the C-level. The focus of this role is on selling Nielsen Marketing Effectiveness solutions to new clients and increasing penetration of our solutions with existing clients. This will be across FMCG, other verticals and focused on Marketing Mix Modeling, Lift and Attribution solutions. Our target market at clients can include Marketing Directors, Media Managers, Brand Managers as well as Insight teams. Our client base includes brands/advertisers, media platforms and agencies.
To learn more about MEFF:
- Building a territory plan to meet sales targets
- Exceeding quarterly / annual sales targets by cultivating existing client relationships and targeting prospective strategic accounts across all verticals
- Complex sales-cycle management; manage the entire sales process engaging the appropriate resources such as Client Services, Solution Consulting and Partners.
- Ensuring delivery against key performance metrics, with a strong emphasis on new business sales, while expanding existing accounts.
- Creating and maintaining a sales pipeline in Salesforce.com to ensure over-achievement.
- Engaging and developing relationships with C-level executives, positioning Nielsen solutions through strategic value-based selling, business case definition, ROI analysis, references and analyst data.
- Generating short-term results whilst maintaining a long-term perspective to maximize overall revenue generation.
- Accurate quarterly forecasting and revenue delivery.
- New business revenue generation across Japan
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- 6 years of experience, leading individual engagements and leading people to success is ideal
- Strong successful sales track record in meeting or exceeding assigned individual quota
- History of closing 5-figure deals
- Relevant sales experience in Digital Advertising and Marketing ROI solutions
- Strong analytical skills, especially when it comes to market research/insight
- Strong Account Management experience, expanding the new businesses while retaining the existing businesses
- Strong understanding of solution/consultative selling
- A passion for sales and a passion for delighting clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Japanese and English, including strong presentation skills
ABOUT THE TEAM
Nielsen Media has been and will continue to be the most important third-party independent measurement provider. From development through syndication, the Product team provides critical data and insights that helps inform measurement. You’ll be at the center of product development and delivery to enable media markets to function.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tokyo,Tokyo