Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
Client Service & Sales
#: 105442-en_US / 105442
Senior Manager Business Development – 105442
Client Services and Sales – Australia Macquarie Park, New South Wales
ABOUT THE ROLE
Nielsen’s Media Industry Group is currently looking for a self-motivated Business Development & Account manager to join our team in a hybrid role, focusing on both driving new business with advertisers, as well as leading the day-to-day management of a handful of advertiser accounts. If you are an enthusiastic salesperson, with some experience in sales, data & analytics, media measurement or research/insight services, and loves the thrill of chasing a new sale as much as building great client relationships, this position is for you!
You will have the support of a team of solutions experts, as well as your manager to support new business meetings and conversations. The account management aspect of this role will entail you being the key point of contact for a handful of active clients. This will provide you with the ability to get to know Nielsen solutions better as well as an opportunity to retain and upsell to those accounts.
You will be dealing with a broad range of clients across different industries which will have varying needs, taking a client-centric consultative approach to sales will help you succeed in this role. Your focus with new business and account management will be to support advertisers & brands to identify, plan, activate & measure their media & marketing strategies using Nielsen’s suite of solutions.
We’re looking for an articulate, confident and high-energy professional who is not afraid to hunt for new leads. You’ll have the ability to work autonomously and use your own initiative, but also enjoy collaborating with a diverse team of talented professionals who are passionate about the media industry. We’re looking for a driven go-getter who can grasp new things quickly and is able to sell by telling a compelling story of our solution’s benefits, and how they can help advertisers to win with consumers.
Sales experience, consultative thinking or account management, particularly within the research & insight, media analytics or marketing research industry would be highly valued. Nielsen offers an extraordinary range of services to meet advertiser’s data & measurement needs and boasts a highly skilled team of subject matter experts to support you to succeed in this role.
This role is also open to candidates based outside of Sydney.
- Contribute to quarterly sales targets through new leads (Advertisers)
- Influence a sales strategy to:
- Proactively generating new business leads
- Discovering opportunities, through to closing deals
- Contributing a consistent pipeline of, qualified, new and advanced opportunities across relevant products and services
- Account Management:
- Build a healthy relationship with your clients as their trusted day to day point of contact
- Prioritize and respond to queries
- Regularly check in with your clients to ensure satisfaction & uncover any unmet needs
- Develop an understanding of their business and/or industry
- Manage renewals of current contracts and opportunities to grow the account
- Develop a solid understanding of all relevant Nielsen services and solutions for advertisers
- Develop internal relationships across the Media team to get support identifying opportunities & conversion of deals
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- 4-5 years’ experience as a sales representative and/or account executive within media, analytics, insights or marketing research and ideally dealing with advertisers/brands
- Some understanding of the Media or Marketing Landscape is helpful (Traditional + Digital)
- Experience with Nielsen solutions is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Proven track record of success across new business generation and/or client servicing
- An understanding of the Australian business landscape and how data, analytics and insights can help achieve brands goals
- Proficiency in Salesforce, MS office or Google Suite is also highly regarded
Skills & Characteristics
- Motivated self-starter
- Client-centric sales focus
- Strategic thinker
- Strong relationship builder
- Excellent communicator
- Commercially savvy
- Team player
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
ABOUT THE TEAM
Globally, Nielsen Media empowers media companies and advertisers to plan, activate and measure their content and related audiences in the new media landscape. Our Client Service and Sales team operates as a link between Production and Clients, covering all post-sales retail measurement services. We are aimed to provide our Clients best in class servicing and on-time data delivery, enhancing their satisfaction of the Nielsen core products.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park,New South Wales