North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 84725-en_US / 84725
Senior Manager, Product Marketing – 84725
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
At Nielsen we’re committed to connecting the Audience to our clients so they can make media that counts. We connect our clients to the behaviors and experience of the Audience and we provide an indispensable, data-driven perspective that allows markets to function and evolve. As Nielsen embraces a “ONE” mindset to modernize our panels, platforms and products to create a single, cross-media currency, our Product Marketers play a critical role to work across functions to create compelling positioning and bulletproof go-to-market strategies, accelerating revenue growth across the organization.
Reaching real viewers, at the right time, and knowing what they’re consuming across video and audio is only possible when you understand how people tune into and experience national and local television and radio. Nielsen’s National TV, Local TV and Audio measurement serves to capture and deliver unparalleled insights to broadcasters, agencies and advertisers about what media audiences are consuming across all measured local markets.
- Collaborate across Product Leadership, Product Sales, and Audience Segments teams to develop and drive go-to market strategies – including targeting, segmentation, product positioning, value propositions, marketing channels and budgets – across the customer journey to convert, grow, and retain our client base
- Develop and execute upon strategic quarterly marketing plans for sustained product growth. Plans are developed to focus our product positioning and create compelling narratives that map to the broader corporate strategy to be used in press releases, scripts, talking points and award submissions
- Work with Client Service and Communications teams to develop product narratives, scaled outreach, education plans and ultimately create content to educate internal commercial teams & our clients using internal and external talking points & related-FAQs, webinars, email notifications, etc.
- Partner with Client Service, Product Sales and Product leadership to create a holistic approach to sales training and enablement, onboarding, and ongoing customer engagement
- Collaborate with our designers and copywriters to develop compelling and creative marketing and sales enablement collateral, including sales one sheets, executive presentations and product pages for Nielsen.com
- Partner with the Growth Marketing & Events/Industry partnerships team to support our position as an industry expert in media measurement, execute email marketing campaigns to cross-sell product suites and drive growth, write scripts for major industry events, etc.
- Participate in client discovery and feedback sessions with Commercial and Product teams to represent the voice of the customer for marketing content and product priorities
A Little Bit About You:
You are someone with a “roll up your sleeves and get it done” attitude who thrives in a dynamic environment and produces results. Equal parts analytical and creative, you have a talent for understanding and synthesizing complex information to tell a compelling story to your audience. You are curious, an avid listener, and a rapid iterator, asking the right questions and incorporating new information and feedback into your strategy and content. You are comfortable always negotiating the balance of the “right now” of sales teams and the vision of product teams. A data enthusiast, you know that numbers don’t lie, so you build and track critical metrics to inform your next move.
- 5-7 years experience in Product Marketing or Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing, and proven management skills
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across many teams to achieve a common goal
- Organization skills, able to create & maintain project plans
- Excited by generating and adopting new ways of working
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,