Asia Pacific / Vietnam / Ho Chi Minh City / Ho Chi Minh City /
Client Service & Sales
#: 743999730016055 / 50242026
ABOUT THIS JOB
- Leads sales for the solution (Distribution optimization, store observation). Is responsible for driving sales, developing and executing new commercial initiatives, and achieving the operating plan.
- Sales cycle: expand business with the existing client portfolio (selling new / renewing existing contract)
- Proactively identifies sales opportunities based on client strategic priorities and networking
- Closely collaborates with Delivery teams to ensure what is sold is aligned with clear understanding on capabilities and timing
- Earning Client Trust/Building Relationships: Build and maintain strong network at mid-level management. Also able to connect with C-suite and key players & Sales personas across broad base of clients.
- Confidence & credibility to talk to a wide range of decision influencers.
Understanding Client Needs
- Has a deep understanding of customer business around (RMO, ASO, NSO) solution focus and can discuss issues from multiple angles. Clearly understands the needs of different persona's at the client end – Sales, Commercial Directors, Revenue Management, Category Management and Retailers and how a particular solution can deliver outcome
- Responsible for developing case studies & client testimonials. Present at client/ Retailer events , external industry events
- Relentless curiosity to learn from & share with SEFF (Sales Effectiveness) peers in Nielsen around the world
Development of Others
- Team Management (including day-today management, check-ins, one to ones, year end admin. Etc.) Coaching and training of others on the team. Drives the performance management and succession planning process in the team and develop key talent for future needs to ensure the best talent is retained. Direct, train and give support to own team.
- Deployment of necessary solutions around persona's as part of sales planning process . Is able to drive their team towards sales targets, has visibility of all opportunities and risk, ensures the team has tight pipeline and proposal tracking systems.
- Is comfortable negotiating with senior clients and knows what levers to use. Clearly links the value of Nielsen's products and solutions with the price to overcome objections. Pre-empts stakeholder objections and pushes the client to a favorable outcome.
Planning & Forecasting
- Owns the business plan: financial target/proposal submission/revenue on hand/pipeline. Takes overall accountability for business planning and implementation. Tracks the financial performance of clients. Sound understanding of profitability and EBITA and how this relates to all proposals and sales. Knows how Nielsen and competitor offerings are priced and is aware of the client budgets.
- Full understanding of Nielsen portfolio and interconnectivities of different solutions.
- Works continuously with CBPs, Commercial Leaders, PL, Delivery COE team & other Growth Sales Effectiveness leaders to ensure that leads and opportunities are picked up, pertinent information about clients is shared and the relevant people are consulted and/or informed of key activity on an account.
- Expert in consultative selling
- Revenue responsibility for specific solutions in local market
Reports (direct & indirect)
- Solution sales executives (if a sales team is in place)
Role Requirements for Success
- Strong sales leadership including: prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-maker
- Ability to build enduring relationships with C-level executives – truly passionate relationship developer
- Strong affiliation to Sales Personas & develops sales strategies to suit
- Excellent problem solving skills, solution oriented and good analytical skill
- Very good client-facing and communication/presentation skills
- Financial understanding (eg. P&L, EBITDA) and how this relates to business success
- Excellent at consultative selling
- Ability to speak at external forums
- Strong Collaborator
- Strong negotiator
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You have knowledge of statistics and multivariate analysis. You also have knowledge of research techniques and methodologies. Being able to handle commercial pressure
- BA / BS Required
- Working experience of 5 years and above in CPG Sales, Retailer – Key Account, Sales B2B service in any industry
- Knowledge in sales processes in CPG companies. customers, modern and traditional market
- Excellent business English (+ local language), both verbal and written
- Job Competencies (Competencies needed to perform this role – over and above standard Nielsen leadership and personal effectiveness competencies). Mark each with E=essential, P=preferred. E- Proven sales acumen, P= expert in (application of) one of Nielsen solutions in Planning / Execution E- Strong analytical skills
- Please be noted that we are also open to expatriate to be based in Vietnam