North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 92722-en_US / 92722
Senior Manager, Technology – 92722
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
The Sr. Manager of Technology for the Media Factory will be responsible for leading and managing the direction of systems and programming activities in the Nielsen factory horizontal. As a Sr. Manager of IT, you will manage a team of up to 20 employees/contractors and play a crucial role in delivery of critical systems that are key to the growth of the company. The role works closely with our Data Science group building data science methodologies, product leadership to understand and execute on business initiatives, and technology leadership to converge to platform vision.
- Leads the implementation and support of technical solutions
- Due diligence as far as analysis and design of projects they take on
- Delegating work and assignments to team members
- Collaborating and giving guidance to the team to identify and fix technical problems
- Creating end goals for their team
- Work breakdown and running Agile iterations to get to end goal
- Code reviews and acceptance.
- Presenting to senior management and getting feedback
- Working closely with stakeholders to understand the requirements and translating to system level epics and stories
- Guiding their team through technical issues and challenges
- Build scalable, reliable, cost-effective solutions for both the Cloud and on-premises
- Easily comprehend and must have the ability to convert business requirements to technical solutions.
- Build and test Cloud-based applications for new and existing backend systems to help facilitate development teams to migrate to the cloud.
- Must have strong cloud Implementation expertise in cloud architecture.
- Must have very good knowledge of storage, network, Compute services. Have sound knowledge in multi-zone, region-based designs.
- Must have the ability to provide solutions utilizing best practices for resilience, scalability, cloud optimization and security.
- Build platform reusable code and components that could be used by multiple project teams.
- Provide cloud integration development support to various project teams.
- Maintain and document standards, best practices, and design/architecture patterns.
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- 7-10 years of hands-on software development with a bachelor’s/master’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in leading teams
- Must have strong verbal/written communication skills
- Experience in software development using programming languages & tools/services: Java, Python, Scala, strong in SQL
- Knowledge of AI/ML and data science methodologies
- Experience in big data ETL processing tools/languages using Spark Scala, M/R Hive, Pig, Tez, oozie or any other orchestration tools
- Containers: Docker, Container orchestration such as Mesosphere or Kubernetes or ECS or Docker Swarm
- Experience with orchestration tools: Apache Airflow or similar tools
- Strong knowledge on Unix/Linux OS, commands, shell scripting, python, JSON, YAML
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE, Spring boot/cloud frameworks
- Agile scrum experience in application development experience is required.
- Strong knowledge in AWS S3, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience in Oracle is a plus.
- Deployment and automation: Cloud formation, Ansible, Elastic Beanstalk
- Strong knowledge in Compute: EC2, EMR, AWS Lambda
- Strong knowledge in Gitlab /Bitbucket .
- Disaster recovery: multi-region, multi-AZ design experience
- AWS Certification is a plus
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,