North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 82003-en_US / 82003
Senior Messaging Engineer (G Suite/Google Workplace) – 82003
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
At Nielsen, our insights impact businesses around the world. Join our Technology team to be a part of bringing high-quality and up-to-date data to our clients, every day. Our Technology Team is currently seeking a Senior Messaging Engineer (G Suite/Google Workplace) to support the Global Nielsen employee base.
- Provide administration oversight for day-to-day activities in Google Workplace admin console.
- Partner with the Google Workplace program team, IT Support Teams and business users to support, grow and mature the operational effectiveness of Google Suite, Google Cloud and adjoining technologies in the collaboration ecosystem.
- Support execution of Google Workplace governance from a system administration perspective.
- Partner with Security to enforce security and audit controls for the Google Workplace Environment.
- Partner with other IT functions to resolve issues impacting the Google Workplace environment.
- Lead the technical integration or separation of email and collaboration systems during mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
- Lead and execute Google Workplace SSO integrations.
- Escalate necessary support issues to Google Support and work directly with them to revolve.
- Collaborate with Google Product Managers to provide feedback, evaluate and recommend feature enhancements, primarily for Google administration.
- Act as the single point of contact for P1 and P2 incidents, perform business impact assessments, coordinate and carry out suitable resolutions involving key technical .
- Collaborate with other technical and functional teams to Document and support business rules, system operating procedures that pertain to the Google platform. Enhance documentation periodically for currency and relevance.
- 5+ years related experience
- Strong expertise in email, email infrastructure, mail transfer protocols, mail access protocols, email security
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate
- 3+ years of experience administering Google Workplace for an enterprise with 10,000+ users
- 4+ years of experience in integration tools e.g. GAM, GCDS, Okta, ADFS, BetterCloud, etc
- Working knowledge in the Google Cloud Platform
- Working knowledge in the Microsoft Active Directory
- 1+ years of configuration and administration experience in Microsoft M365
- Working knowledge of web technologies such as HTTP, HTML, XML, Google App Engine, Cloud SQL and building cloud based enterprise applications
- Working knowledge of web applications: SDLC, Cloud based web application development concepts and principles, SAAS integration for an enterprise, web Content management
- Basic Linux fluency
- Basic Bat Command fluency
- Must be a self starter, with good time management skills, able to manage multiple activities simultaneously while requiring little or no oversight and/ or direction
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills with ability to apply new technologies, concepts, & functionality to solve problems and implement solutions
- Working experience on Agile methodologies
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer Certified
- Google Cloud Professional Collaboration Engineer Certified
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,