North America / United States / TX / Dallas
Technology & Engineering
#: 86854-en_US / 86854
Senior Mobile iOS Developer – 86854
Technology and Engineering – USA Dallas, Texas
Nielsen is seeking a strong and experienced mobile iOS developer. This position requires at least 5+ years of experience in the iOS domain. This position will be responsible for designing, developing a mobile application to measure content viewing on a device. The successful candidate will be required to engage with all areas within Nielsen including Testing, backend processing systems, operations and partners around the world. This position is expected to bring industry best practices of source control, code review, automated unit test etc. to the team
- Design and develop the iOS mobile application
- Drive alignment between systems
- Implement best practices
- Innovate in the mobile space
- Should be a senior person with minimum 5+ years’ experience in designing and implementing solutions in the mobile space.
- Proven record of mobile app development
- Minimum of 5 years with Native iOS development experience
- Minimum of 5 years with Obj C or Preferrably Swift programming
- Very good knowledge on iOS Network APIs
- Experience working with on device VPN and Proxy using the corresponding iOS APIs and services is strongly desired
- Strong experience with different network protocols (HTTP/S, TCP / UDP, Socket programming etc.,)
- Experience working with REST / GraphQL APIs
- Expert in XML/JSON formats and parsers
- Experience working with CoreData or Room DB
- Experience integrating 3rd party SDKs (e.g. Firsebase)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and ceremonies
- Experience with Carthage, Cocoa pods is a MUST
- Experience with using Instrumentation and Profiling tools provided by XCode
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GITLab)
- MS in Engineering and / or Computer Science
- B.E., B.Tech. or above.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Dallas,Texas
Secondary Locations: TX – Richardson, TX – San Antonio, TX – Arlington,