Asia Pacific / New Zealand / / Offsite
#: 72085-en_US / 72085
Senior Data Operations Executive (Media Insights) – 72085
Operations – New Zealand Offsite
Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global information and measurement company with leading market positions in marketing and consumer information, television and other media measurement, online intelligence and mobile measurement. Nielsen has a presence in approximately 100 countries, with headquarters in New York, USA and Diemen, the Netherlands. As at 2014, Nielsen employs over 40,000 associates worldwide with revenues surpassing US$ 6 billion.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Looking for a dynamic career with a company that encourages and rewards creativity and fresh thinking? Do you love turning the complex into something simple and easy to understand? Are you looking at starting a career in data analytics or media research? Are you keen to learn and keen to grow? This could be the ideal role for you.
The Consumer and Media Insights (CMI) Operations team are responsible for the ongoing delivery of survey data to clients.
The CMI survey provides a 360-degree view of the consumer and provides valuable insights to our clients on what people are buying, watching and doing.
The Operations team, based in Auckland, are seeking an enthusiastic, permanent new team member to join their hard-working, collaborative team.
The Senior Operations Executive plays an important role in impacting what we provide to clients. Will work closely with key stakeholders in the CMI survey process to ensure the data we provide is of high quality, accurate and timely.
- Preparing and processing of data in a timely and quality-driven manner
- Contributing towards the delivery of data to clients, following appropriate procedures and approvals in the given time
- Conducting data audits and participating in Quality Control for all aspects of the CMI process
- Troubleshooting technical data queries and assisting internal stakeholders
- Small scale project coordination
- Contribution towards process improvement and implementation
- Working closely with internal stakeholders such as the Data Analytics team to ensure our survey codebooks are maintained and updated WITH. Troubleshooting & Quality checking of survey data.
Implementing process improvements to the production process.
- Working closely with Production Team Leader; to ensure consistency in our databases, investigating any discrepancies, identifying historical issues, being a point of contact with other Nielsen teams to integrate datasets, supporting custom client requests.
- Updating and maintaining CMI’s resource and task management tools and updating and maintaining various CMI performance metrics.
- Logical thought process
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills & the ability to juggle competing priorities
- Confidence liaising with internal stakeholders
- An interest in data analytics
- Outside of the box, solution-focused thinking
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, within a global company
- Previous programming experience recommended
- SQL experience desirable
- Experience using a workforce planning/scheduling tool
- Candidate must possess full work rights in NZ and currently based in Auckland
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite