North America / United States / IL / Offsite
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 106209-en_US / 106209
Senior Procurement Analyst (Open to Remote) – 106209
Finance and Corporate Development – USA Offsite, Offsite
Nielsen is embarking on a transformational journey to modernize and streamline its end-to-end procurement processes. We need a skilled Senior Analyst to help our teams navigate these changes. We require an experienced professional with a strong foundation in procurement or finance-related fields who can unlock value for Nielsen by being part of a dynamic team as well as managing a number of procurement categories.
- Strategically source a portfolio of products and services with an emphasis within given categories/sub-categories. The Senior Procurement Analyst will use tools, processes, and strategies to drive and achieve business results.
- Competitively source assigned category spend (i.e. Travel, Professional Services, Consulting, BPO) through engagement of strategic suppliers and their application of industry knowledge.
- Assist in managing the contract portfolio for select categories, including contracting, compliance, and value / spend analysis.
- Closely partner with various internal cross functional teams to ensure a close partnership with internal clients for delivering a consistent customer experience, while utilizing key sourcing, contracting and compliance processes.
- Lead and or support stakeholders on cost saving initiatives that will require strong stakeholder management and the ability to inspire new ways of working across the business.
- Direct internal and external processes to ensure an integrated sourcing system that meets customer requirements, minimize total cost of ownership, maximize effectiveness including conforming to established quality standards that are responsive to the needs of the business and it’s customers.
- Develop business relationships with suppliers to preserve the company’s good business reputation while still obtaining competitive prices.
- Ensure optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved, while ensuring quality and good customer service.
- Conduct market analyses for assigned categories to be used in the larger category strategies
- Utilize technology systems to enable real-time reporting and accurate data collection.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or a related field is required.
- CPM or CPSM certification is preferred.
- 3 years + of progressively responsible experience in strategic sourcing and vendor management.
- Experience working with large scale cross functional teams.
- Experience managing multiple vendors.
- Experience in creating and executing category strategies including cost reduction initiatives, vendor consolidation, and value creation initiatives.
- Experienced negotiator with a track record of creating SOWs, Purchase Agreements and value add contracts.
- Experience working with large scale Purchase to Pay and eSourcing software tools.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience or willingness to learn new technologies and software that can drive efficiencies.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite