North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 100121-en_US / 100121
Senior Procurement Manager- Indirect (Open to Remote) – 100121
Finance and Corporate Development – USA Chicago, Illinois
Nielsen is embarking on a transformational journey to modernize and streamline its end-to-end procurement processes. We need a skilled project manager to help our teams navigate these changes. We are looking for an experienced project manager with a foundation in procurement or finance-related fields who can work across multiple teams and own the project tracking, execution, and monitoring KPIs.
- Manage and strategically source a portfolio of products and services with an emphasis in a given category/sub-category. The manager will use tools, processes, and strategies to drive and achieve business results.
- Competitively source assigned category spend (i.e. Travel, Professional Services, Consulting, BPO) through engagement of strategic suppliers and application of industry knowledge.
- Manage the contract portfolio for select categories, including contracting, compliance, and value / spend analysis.
- Closely partner with various internal cross functional teams to ensure a close partnership with internal clients in delivering a consistent customer experience utilizing key sourcing, contracting and compliance processes.
- Execute end-to-end large scale sourcing initiatives directly and in partnership with internal customers.
- Responsible for identifying cost savings opportunities and the implementation of programs to actualize these savings.
- Direct internal and external processes to ensure an integrated sourcing system that meets customer requirements, minimize total cost of ownership, maximize effectiveness including conforming to established quality standards that are responsive to the needs of the business.
- Develops business relationships with suppliers to preserve the company’s good business reputation while still obtaining competitive prices.
- Ensure optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achined, while ensuring quality and good customer service.
- Develop and implement agreed procurement strategies for category
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or a related field is required.
- CPM or CPSM certification is preferred
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in strategic sourcing and vendor management (Travel, Professional Services, Consulting, BPO preferred).
- Experience working with large scale cross functional teams
- Experience managing vendors; offshore vendor management experience preferred
- Experience in creating and executing category strategies including cost reduction initiatives, vendor consolidation, and value creation initiatives.
- Experience with the negotiation and creation of SOWs, Purchase Agreements
- Experience working with a large scale Purchase to Pay and eSourcing software tools.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with supplier relationship management
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Location(s): New York, New York, Olsdmar, Florida, Remote