North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
#: 87874-en_US / 87874
Senior Product Manager, Music (Gracenote) – 87874
Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California
Gracenote a Nielsen company is looking for a Senior Product Manager focusing on Music Solutions. This individual will be responsible for maintaining the music products line of business, creating the roadmap and next generation music strategy, and supporting Sales and customers. The world’s hottest music services rely on Gracenote to power and enrich their user experiences, featuring our industry standard recognition, playlist and discovery technologies, as well as imagery and other enhanced content. Gracenote technologies and content can be found in products from companies such as Apple, Google, Ford, LG and Sony.
In this role, the individual will collaborate with talented teams from Engineering, Content, Professional Services and Sales organizations, as well as Product Managers from other verticals. Together, we help develop, deliver and maintain the next generation of Gracenote products through customer collaboration, business intelligence, market trends and financial analysis. This is a great opportunity to define, manage and launch new products that exhibit the pace and energy of a start-up environment, yet executed within a disciplined product organization. This position reports to the Director of Product Management, Music.
- Support and drive creation of the strategy for new initiatives and products
- Produce customer and market driven requirements into concise and clear product definitions using business intelligence and market analysis
- Direct and drive cross-functional buy-in to Marketing and Product Requirements
- Drive cross-functional and executive buy-in and approval for new initiatives
- Make functionality and content trade-off decisions to ensure timely delivery
- Responsible for the financial health of products
- Partner with Marketing to translate product features into customer value propositions;
- define messaging and create go-to-market documents (product white papers, one-sheets, presentations, and other marketing collateral).
- Ensure Sales and Support teams are trained on new products, and participate in the sales process as required.
- Team with Professional Services to work closely with customers to ensure their success.
Competitive, Technology and Market Research & Analysis:
- Research target markets and emerging technologies.
- Research the competition and perform competitive product benchmarking and feature analysis.
- Establish efficient feedback processes to gather developer and end-user feedback from Sales, Professional Services and Developer Support teams, customers, industry partners, and user surveys.
Product Strategy and Planning:
- Oversee requirements gathering and product specification for both new products and enhanced versions of existing products
- Help define and communicate a coherent product vision and strategy, value proposition, use cases, and positioning for each product, both internally and externally.
- Help to identify and develop strategic relationships that support product development
Education & Experience:
- 5+ Experience in digital media technologies, data analytics and/or software development
- Experience in content aggregation, search, data mining, data-driven applications, and/or media players a plus.
- Experience in planning, developing, and launching products
- Demonstrated ability to drive product research and competitive analyses
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate work across geographically distributed teams
- BS/BA degree required; computer science/engineering degree (or equivalent experience) a plus.
- MBA degree is a plus
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and present highly professional, effective presentations for both business and technical audiences.
- Knowledge of entertainment media metadata and information architecture principles is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with digital music technologies and services a plus.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: CA – Los Angeles, , ,