North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 74586-en_US / 74586
Senior Product Manager – 74586
Product Leadership – USA Chicago, Illinois
Nielsen Marketing Effectiveness uses cutting edge technology and industry leading data science to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We empower retailers, manufacturers and publishers with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, optimize their audiences and investments. We are automating our models with artificial intelligence and machine learning to produce the same quality insights as a traditional white-glove consulting shop at unparalleled speed and scale.
Marketing Effectiveness is looking for a skilled professional to join as a Sr Product Manager – Campaign Lift. Nielsen’s Campaign Lift products measure the sales lift and return-on-investment of individual marketing campaigns, using advanced statistical methods. In this role, you will collaborate with a team of product, engineering, and commercial leaders to: Define new products and features, develop a strategic product roadmap, and generate and maintain detailed requirements to ensure our Lift products meet evolving client and industry needs, and grow Nielsen’s business.
- Define strategy, determine product roadmaps, and execute on deliverables for Campaign Lift
- Own product discovery and prioritization
- Develop user stories, requirements, and product roadmaps based on market and user experience research
- Define new product concepts and features
- Create business cases and conduct return on investment analyses for new features
- Manage the full product P&L including pricing alignment within rate cards, assignments in SalesForce using proper material codes and actively reviewing cost structure to identify areas for product optimization and validating product enhancements ROI
- Manage execution and delivery of features and requirements in backlog
- Collaborate cross functionally with engineers, data scientists, vendors, product marketing, and business development to plan, develop, and deliver, while identifying areas for improvement in efficiency
- Collaborate with other Lift product teams to share newly developed components in an open source manner, reduce technical duplicity and increase speed to market.
- Regularly review the competitive landscape and analyze client feedback to improve product features and capabilities
- Manage relationships with third party consultants to enable delivery
- Evangelize product with internal stakeholders and clients
- Assume responsibility as subject matter expert on the product for: Commercial teams, Modeling teams, Product Marketing, Tech/Ops/Engineering, Data Science, external partners, Clients, etc.
- Provide product domain expertise on product strategy, technical implementation, and operational process
- Effectively communicate product status and progress to leadership and stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of the Digital and TV marketing / media industry and ad operations
- Experience in planning, developing, and managing products, preferably in advertising, marketing, media or technology
- Basic knowledge of statistical modeling preferred
- Basic knowledge of software development and platform architecture principles
- Demonstrated ability to drive product research and competitive analyses
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage both technical and non-technical teams, as well as external vendors
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and build relationships with clients and external parties to understand product features and requirements
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate work across geographically distributed teams
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time