India / India / / Mumbai
#: 102163-en_US / 102163
Senior Research Analyst – 102163
Operations – India Mumbai, Maharashtra
ABOUT THIS JOB
To assist with the execution of marketing research (quantitative – primary research) studies for our Media clients by compiling, analysing, and interpreting research data, including building presentations and writing client reports.
- Responsible for delivering cost/feasibility requests, and oversees primary research projects (cost/feasibility requests, survey design, survey programming requests/QA, field management, data processing, coding, tabulating, and report slide creation) with little or no supervision.
- Drafting proposals, pricing & performing feasibility checks
- Drafting/Editing Survey Questionnaire
- Online survey link checking
- Launching the survey
- Preparing Analysis Plan(detailing Tables specifications)
- Co-ordinating with the various teams (Programming, Data processing, Open End Coding, Translations, etc.)
- Field-work monitoring/ communication
- Sample performance and analysis
- Managing sampling process
- Data Tables /SPSS checking – Review data for errors and inconsistencies
- Preparing PowerPoint report template – Participate in creating research reports
- Report population and quality checking
- Analysis and report writing – Analysing and summarizing the data to answer client questions and provide meaningful recommendations
- Work on Meta-analysis/databases or other Value Additions as required
- Work on different tools – SPSS, Primelingo /Scarborough database, Data Visualization tool etc.
- Proactively identifies and resolves any problem/risk areas.
- Co-ordinate with multiple project members/ teams for query solving and keeping a track of project timelines.
- Ensures all client deliverables (survey, data file, tabs, report) are error-free.
- Interact and partner with global client consulting teams based out of U.S. to ensure a smooth delivery of projects.
- Post Graduate / MBA – Marketing (Desirable) and relevant 2-4 years of experience in Market Research domain. Knowledge of marketing and advertising a plus.
- Strong quantitative, data and analytic skills.
- Strong consultative and customer service skills.
- Strong understanding of research design/concepts.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office suite of products; working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SPSS preferred.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Quality-driven/strong attention to detail.
- Ability to execute projects at high quality level and error-free.
- Willingness to work in 2pm- 11pm shift.
Problem Solving, Complexity of Problems, Creative/Original Thinking
- Understand how client’s research needs translate into research design specifications, and impact when collecting vendor quote requests.
- Recognize project’s potential problem/risk areas.
- Initiate discussion/raise questions when data appear inconsistent based on prior experience and/or within context of current project.
- Run tables/create slides that address specific analytical questions.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Presentation experience preferred.
Level of Internal Contact/Degree of Judgment/Client Service
- Is lead for execution of primary research project(s).
- Primary point of contact on project for internal contacts.
- Work as part of a team in delivery of primary research.
- Input in research design. Design survey. Responsible for quality/accuracy and on-time delivery. Identify problems as early as possible, and explore potential solutions.
- Joins/participates in client calls. Emails client. Responds to client questions, ad hoc or follow-up requests
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it,we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all.We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: www.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Mumbai,Maharashtra