Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
#: 88659-en_US / 88659
Senior Research Executive, Sports – 88659
Analytics – Australia
About The Role
Nielsen is a global leader in data management and research. At Nielsen, we measure performance for our clients and use analytics to help them grow their business.
This is achieved across both our syndicated and custom research solutions.
We help our clients answer questions such as:
● “How do consumers perceive our brand?”
● “What is the impact and ROI of our sponsorships?“
● “How engaged and satisfied are our fans and members?”
● “What are the drivers and barriers to attendance?”
● “How do we convert fringe fans to become avid fans?”
As a Sports Research Executive, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of sports research projects. This is a great opportunity for a researcher, with a passion for sports, to diversify their knowledge and experience within a growing team.
- End-to-end project management of research studies.
- Support for the Commercial team on project scope. This includes recommendations for best
- practice sampling and methodology, along with pricing.
- Design of questionnaires, data analysis, chart building, and insightful report writing with the provision of strategic recommendations.
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, including third-party suppliers and our internal Operations, Customer Service, and Commercial teams.
- Execution of best practice research which garners actionable insights through high quality and
- strategic reporting
- Client facing at project kick-offs and debriefs
- Various admin tasks such as managing invoicing, supplier agreements, and the research pipeline calendar
- 2-3 years experience managing custom research projects
- Solid knowledge of the end-to-end research process and project management
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, ensuring timely, high quality project completion
- Superior analytical skills
- Professional at all times and willing to roll up sleeves
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Presenting skills desirable
- Some experience designing technical and commercial proposals from a client brief desirable
- Good knowledge and strong interest in the sports industry
About The Team
Nielsen Sports is the leading source of sports measurement and analytics around the world, with solutions spanning cross-platform media valuation, fan insights, and digital and social analysis.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park