North America / Canada / NS / Halifax
#: 80501-en_US / 80501
Senior Software Developer – 80501
Gracenote – Canada Halifax, Nova Scotia
Gracenote, a Nielsen Media Company is presently looking for a Senior Software Developer to become part of our team in Halifax.
We’re looking for people with great programming skills that are quick learners, self-starters, and take ownership of their work. Our systems are largely built using client side frameworks such as Angular & React while the server implementations are mostly in Java / JVM languages and Go. We’re looking for smart, driven individuals that have experience working with a variety of technologies and tools.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Take on more responsibilities, each of the teams have additional roles available. From Quality Engineer, to Scrum Master, to DevOps.
- Deploy your code to cutting-edge infrastructure: Docker orchestration with Kubernetes. Help design the backbone of our applications with AWS.
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- The chance to work independently alongside a highly skilled technical team allowing you to come up with your own ideas and implement them
- A welcoming atmosphere that will instantly make you feel comfortable within our team oriented and fun environment
- To be a part of a company that invests in programming tools that will make the development experience easier
- Participate in a global team of developers on a daily basis with the potential for visiting international offices and attending industry conferences.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent required
- Experience working with the following technologies – Java and/or .NET, Angular, React, XML, Relational Databases and NOSQL
- Experience with third party and open source tools such as Spring or Apache Kafka would be considered an asset
- Exposure to functional programming concepts and patterns would be considered an asset
- Ability and passion for learning new technology
- Teamwork and team building skills that will contribute directly to team success on assigned projects
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Halifax,Nova Scotia