North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 96202-en_US / 96202
Senior Software Developer – 96202
Technology and Engineering – USA Oldsmar, Florida
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be a key contributor of a Scrum team focusing on Big Data development tasks. Your primary objective is to ensure project goals are achieved and are aligned with business objectives. You will also work closely with your Scrum team, program team and portfolio team to prioritize, develop, refine and implement quality software in production via standard Agile methodologies.
- Build scalable, reliable, cost-effective solutions for both the Cloud and on-premises
- Easily comprehend and must have the ability to convert business requirements to technical solutions.
- Build and test Cloud-based applications for new and existing backend systems to help facilitate development teams to migrate to the cloud.
- Must have strong cloud Implementation expertise in cloud architecture.
- Must have very good knowledge of storage, network, Compute services. Have sound knowledge in multi-zone, region-based designs.
- Must have the ability to provide solutions utilizing best practices for resilience, scalability, cloud optimization and security.
- Build platform reusable code and components that could be used by multiple project teams.
- Provide cloud integration development support to various project teams.
- Maintain and document standards, best practices, and design/architecture patterns.
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- 5-8 years of hands-on software development with a bachelor’s degree or 3-6 years of hands-on software development with a Master’s degree
- Must have strong verbal/written communication skills
- Experience in software development using programming languages & tools/services: Java, Python, Scala, strong in SQL
- Experience in big data ETL processing tools/languages using Spark Scala
- Experience with orchestration tools: Apache Airflow or similar tools
- Strong knowledge on Unix/Linux OS, commands, shell scripting, python, JSON, YAML
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE, Spring boot/cloud frameworks
- Agile scrum experience in application development experience is required.
- Strong knowledge in AWS S3, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience in Oracle is a plus.
- Deployment and automation: Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Strong knowledge in Compute: EC2, EMR, AWS Lambda
- Strong knowledge in Gitlab /Bitbucket .
- Disaster recovery: multi-region, multi-AZ design experience
- AWS Certification is a plus.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,