North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Technology & Engineering
#: 75282-en_US / 75282
Technology and Engineering – USA Chicago, Illinois
The Media Application Framework team at Nielsen is at the forefront of technology, using new technologies and consistently moving forward. Our current stack includes React, Redux, ES6, Webpack, NodeJS, K8S, RethinkDB, Elasticsearch, and many more.
Working with a microservices, multi-application architecture with development teams all over the world, we develop and maintain a shared frontend & backend infrastructure for multiple apps. Along the way we examine, and introduce new technologies to the rest of the company.
In our group, there is a strong emphasis on quality (Clean code, best practices, design and architecture, test coverage, CI/CD) and on continuous learning (empowerment programs, lunch and learn, technical forums, meetup hostings).
We have very strong people in our group that are passionate about technology and push to be up to date with the latest technologies and paradigms. We also use and contribute to open-source projects and have a startup spirit with the benefits of a big company.
Our organization prides itself on being a place where employees can be themselves, make a difference, and grow their careers within the company (Both local and at the global level). By joining us, we can guarantee you’ll have the opportunity to partner with great and professional people and be part of a company that embraces flexibility and freedom
- At least 5 years of experience in NodeJS development
- At least 5 years of experience with modern JS front-end framework such as Angular, React+Redux or similar
- At least 5 years of experience with building large scale microservices oriented applications and architecture
- Hands on experience with public cloud services (AWS preferred)
- Experience working with SQL and No-SQL DBs
- Ability to transform product requirement to software design and implementation
- Creativity and excellent problem-solving skills
- Write clean code, use design patterns and know how to build maintainable modern web applications
- Understand how software architecture from end to end: from docker environment to React component
- People person with the will to help others whenever needed
- Have an active Github account and are passionate about maintaining, using and contributing to open source projects.
- Required – Bachelors in Mathematics/computer science
- Preferred – Masters in Computer Science
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, , ,