India / India / / Kochi
Technology & Engineering
#: 104461-en_US / 104461
ABOUT THE JOB
The responsibilities of this position includes working closely with the Scrum team to build net new features & the various teams that work with the Client Success organization to ensure consistent delivery of functionality & support the platform. The individual will take bottom line responsibility of the functional module(s) that he/she is directly responsible for & ensure consistency in deliveries.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Works with the Product Owner to understand, refine & find the right solution to a business use case. Defines technical use cases corresponding to business requirements that are comprehensive from a functional and non-functional perspective.
- Implements the solution adhering to the processes & methodologies followed in the team that includes adherence to design principles, unit test coverage, performance considerations, release process, post go live support model.
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills to find scalable & robust solutions to functional/technical problems
- Works very closely with the testing team to make the functional modules ready for deployment & release
- Proactively identifies & resolves functional and non-functional limitations
- Demonstrates excellent collaboration to work effectively with the team & other partners in the ecosystem that includes Product, Program, QA, <any other>
- Demonstrates a “Team First” attitude & works collaboratively to achieve common goals
- Demonstrates absolute bottom line for the modules that the associate owns.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING
- Demonstrates inquisitiveness to adapt to new technologies & learn the domain and better ways to bring out solutions that best fit the functional and non-functional requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering
- 2-5 years of design and/or development experience with .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server in an n-tier architecture
- Strong background in object oriented development techniques
- Experience with Web Services, WCF and Service Oriented Architecture
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Ability to write clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Perform peer code reviews, mentor junior developers, and advocate for code quality improvement
- Ability to take bottom line ownership of initiatives and take them to completion working effectively with all stakeholders
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the core AWS services / Knowledgeable in Amazon in General and its services and Lambda Programming
- Knowledge of Angular 2/4 & ASP.NET Core
- Prior experience on the Media Domain is an added advantage
- Experience migrating from conventional systems to Cloud is a certain advantage for this role
ABOUT THE TEAM
This position is for a Dot Net developer in the Mix Development team that is responsible for developing & maintaining the Web applications and services built on the DotNet framework. This scrum team is primarily based out of India and operates on ASP.Net, WCF, Web Apis, Html, Jquery and SQL n-tier architecture and operates on the SCRUM/KANBAN model to manage both new feature development and support of the platform.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable
data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all
channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies
and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences
and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your
thoughts, ideas, and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around
maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take
action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and
backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate
about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!