North America / United States / MD / Columbia
Technology & Engineering
#: 102003-en_US / 102003
Senior Software Engineer – 102003
Technology and Engineering – USA Columbia, Maryland
ABOUT THIS JOB
At Nielsen, we bring together big data and technology to provide our media clients with insights into consumers’ viewing behavior. As a senior software engineer you will play a pivotal role in building and standardizing Nielsen technology platforms.
We are looking for a Strong Java developer with AWS and C/C++ library / develop background (1 year). We are building & deploying the product, AWS Cloud standards and microservices architecture patterns leveraging Containerization and Orchestration. Great to have Microservices architecture experience. GO is a plus.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You want to learn about the technology behind the media industry, and you’re passionate about
building Cloud-based Services, Audio Video stream processing and Data processing pipeline.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team where your talent, ideas and creativity will be
rewarded. We have a really informal work culture with tons of extracurricular activities.
You should have at least 5 years’ experience building and deploying production applications to
one of the leading cloud providers. You should have experience deploying secure, scalable,
highly available and reliable applications leveraging AWS’ multi-zone and multi region
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least 2 years in developing and deploying to the cloud.
- Experience using AWS Cloud standards and microservices architecture patterns leveraging Containerization and Orchestration
- Experience developing software within automated pipeline for deployment into orchestrated containerized environments.
- Self-motivated to understand the problems required to solve
- Good communication and collaborative skills.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Deep understanding of software engineering concepts: Data Structures, Design Patterns, Object Oriented design and Algorithms
- Programing experience in Java or Scala
- Integration experience with native languages (Go, C/C++).
- Working knowledge on Docker, Kubernetes, AWS (S3, SQS, DynamoDB) and Databases
- Intermediate knowledge of REST APIs
- Intermediate knowledge of distributed systems, queues, system resilience.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Columbia,Maryland
Secondary Locations: , , ,