North America / Canada / / Markham
Technology & Engineering
#: 93762-en_US / 93762
Senior Software Engineer, Backend – 93762
Technology and Engineering – Canada Markham, Ontario
We seek passionate, creative and innovative developers to join our team and help build leading edge technologies. With a balance of development, design, and cutting-edge technology, your daily work routine will never become boring.
As part of this role, you will be working on developing backend services, including Rest APIs, backend services, ETL pipelines, Lambdas, and more! There is definitely plenty of opportunity here for growth.
Ideal Candidate Background
Solid understanding of the foundations of Computer Science and Software Engineering with a solid understanding of data structures and fundamental algorithms (sort, select, search, queue).
- Proficiency in designing basic to intermediate systems. You will be required to provide designs during your interviews.
- Solid experience with I/O, REST service development, and multi-threading.
- Solid understanding of the principle of scalability, fault-tolerance with IO, REST service development, and multi-threading.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development with languages such as Go, Java, Scala, or C.
- Solid experience with Linux
Nice to Have Skills
- Familiarity with distributed systems is a plus
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP, Node JS, and Python are assets
- Eager to learn and willing to take initiatives
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Markham,Ontario
Secondary Locations: Remote, ON – Toronto, ,