North America / United States / CA / Los Angeles
Technology & Engineering
#: 105046-en_US / 105046
Senior Software Engineer (GoLang) – 105046
Technology and Engineering – USA Los Angeles, California
Explore and discover Nielsen! Nielsen is the global standard for entertainment data and technology focusing on audience measurement, audience insights, and audience experience.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers the world’s top broadcast, on-demand, and streaming platforms for television, movies, music, and sports.
We invite you to become a part of our team building an innovative, industry-leading suite of applications. The primary goal is data aggregation and visualization targeting Movies, TV, and other aspects of the entertainment industry. We are a mid-size distributed team with a core base in Los Angeles but a part of a larger multinational corporation.
- A Golang developer’s role is to build optimized, scalable, and modular software. You will be tasked with developing and coding public-facing APIs and supporting back-end components.
- The general developer role also includes but is not limited to building software using other languages, interfacing with a variety of data sources, and working on deployment. It is common to interact daily with other team members, the product team, and other stakeholders.
- Be a part of the development team building, designing, and maintaining web-facing and back-end applications.
- Collaborate with the product team and other stakeholders, and developers.
- Maintain development standards, practices & principles.
- Work with data using SQL, Nosql, and other data-related technologies and data-formats.
- Working knowledge of Golang. Preferably in the area of high-performing and scalable web-facing applications. We are looking for at least one year plus of enterprise-level experience.
- Have a basic understanding of memory management (pointer and value semantics) and processing optimization in Golang. Proficiency in concurrency is a plus.
- Have expertise in implementing the microservice architecture.
- Experience working with SQL/NoSQL databases, ability to write complex queries, and performance optimization analysis. Emphasis is on Postgres and SQL Server.
- Understanding of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with CI/CD systems (Jenkins)
- Experience working with AWS
- Additional proficiency in languages such as C#, C++, Python is a plus.
- Overall experience in building enterprise-level software five years plus is preferable.
What we offer you:
- Flexible hours to give freedom and increase productivity.
- Partially work remotely. Remote for now but could at some point have a hybrid work environment.
- Good work-life balance.
- The vibrant and energetic distributed team with a variety of experiences and viewpoints working on exciting projects.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Los Angeles,California
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,