North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 75382-en_US / 75382
Senior Software Engineer – 75382
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Nielsen Global Media is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Digital Ads Ratings team located in Oldsmar (Tampa), Florida.
Are you hungry for a challenge?
You’ll need that appetite as an engineer on the Digital Ad Ratings team at Nielsen because we work in an extremely dynamic and fast-paced industry. We measure tens of thousands of advertising campaigns with billions of ads served to consumers on phones, tablets, computers, and internet streaming devices every day. The data sets that we deal with are stunning in their size, and pose enormous challenges in collecting, handling, analyzing, and storing so much information. We have an immediate opening for a talented engineer to join our backend team and help scale our rapidly growing systems and team.
Who are we?
- From retail sales and consumer purchase measurement to Radio and Television measurement, Nielsen Global Media is the original big data company. Digital consumer measurement is the latest chapter in our rich measurement history
- We are the provider of the Web’s primary measurement platform for brand advertising
- We have strong strategic technology partnerships with Social Media, Search, and Tech giants that set our measurement products apart from any others in the industry
- A world-class group of people and work environment located in Tampa, Florida
- An open-minded and innovative engineering team and environment. We use many of the latest open-source software, frameworks, tools, and cloud computing services
What kind of engineer are we looking for?
- 5 years strong object-oriented and/or Functional Programming skills, ideally JVM-oriented experience – Scala/Java.
- 3+ years working with Spark and related frameworks (experience with other NoSQL tools like DynamoDB, Pig, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB, and Infobright are good, too)
- Experience working in and a fundamental understanding of the Amazon Web Services ecosystem (EMR, S3, IAM, RDS, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, etc.) is a big plus
- Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps development processes and supporting tools (GitLab, GitOps, CI/CD, TDD, etc.)
- Familiarity with Immutable Infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform is a big plus)
- BS in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent (MS or Ph.D. a plus)
- A ridiculous attention to detail and pride in the work you do
We’re expecting you to be able to hit the ground running on your very first day. This means not only having the technical skills to code, but knowing how to work as part of an engineering team. You know how to use source control in your sleep, are able to setup and administer your own dev machine, have worked with IntelliJ or other comparable IDE’s, work with defect tracking systems, write proper code documentation, etc.
Scala, Java EE, Functional Programming, Spark, AWS, EMR, S3, IAM, RDS, Big Data, GitLab, GitOps, MapReduce, Impala, Hive, HBase, NoSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Pig
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,