India / India / / Mumbai
#: 109761-en_US / 109761
ABOUT THIS JOB
Provide expertise on multiple phases of a project lifecycle from concept development to solutions design, implementation, optimization and support.
- Build the processing components using java/scala/python on spark platform independently with high quality and optimal performance
- Build RESTful API services for data services or for any business process integration
- Adopt the standard platform tools for source code management, CICD, Orchestration, monitoring and alerting (gitlab, airflow, jenkins etc)
- Work on the cloud infrastructure to adopt various platform solutions and to contribute to the shared technology platform
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including discovery, design, code, test and document engineering software applications
- Follow development best practices, guarantee the quality and the sustainability of the code
- Support testing and UAT phases and participate in deployment
- Collaborating with different stakeholders in defining solution/Design
- Managing & documenting the solution throughout the life-cycle of the feature build
- Key contribution to Epics/Story grooming, Sprint planning and Demos
- Managing the E2E solution, ensuring its completeness and alignment at every sprint that may be delivered by different Programs/CoEs.
- Prototype software components and incorporate reusable assets into the application design.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Java or Scala, Python and Spark is a must.
- Experience in using Cloud Infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Experience in sql, shell and Unix
- Experience in Agile software development methodology
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and Orchestration frameworks.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
- Experience in application architecture and design techniques and familiarity with data modeling and relational database techniques.
- Extensive, practical experience with building and maintaining large-scale, complex application systems in a team environment.
- Self Learner with an appetite to explore, learn and grow in Technology Organisation
- Experience in conducting proof of concepts (POCs) in functional, technical and data related solutions
- B.E / B.Tech / BCA/ MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Required Experience 9 – 11 Years
- Ensure that development progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time.
- Smart + Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced environment
ABOUT THE TEAM
Working together across functions, our Software Developers research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfill them.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.