North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 105202-en_US / 105202
Senior Survey Research Analyst – 105202
Analytics – USA Chicago, Illinois
About the Job
Nielsen’s Plan/Optimize practice seeks to leverage Nielsen’s world class media research assets to provide best in class custom analytics to media companies, digital & technology companies, agencies, and advertisers. The primary responsibilities of this role are to help design and execute consultative market research studies through all stages of the project, from determination of feasibility and preparation of cost estimates, through data collection, and data processing and reporting. As a Senior Research Analyst within the Solutions Consulting arm of Nielsen Media’s Plan Optimize organization, you will work on quantitative survey research projects while engaging with internal and external clients and vendors. You will largely support our consultative research solutions, where you will help our media clients solve business problems that go beyond the scope of Nielsen’s syndicated products. You will also support advertising effectiveness research, where we address business issues faced by advertisers, media buyers, and sellers.
- Participate in discussions of client’s research needs and the design of research to achieve client’s objectives
- Work as part of a team to develop research solutions
- Explore research feasibility and assist in preparation of research cost estimates
- Assist in the writing of proposals describing research approach/recommendations
Survey Instrument Development
- Participate in development/review/finalization of questionnaire
- Review programmed online surveys for quality and accuracy
- Monitor data collection to ensure study is progressing as planned/meeting timeline, and that quota groups/targets are being met
Data Processing Management
- Coordination of data processing and tabulation activities: data cleaning, recoding, weighting schema development, tab spec creation, comprehensive table checking, etc.
- Assist in analysis of research data and report and/or delivery in software platform/dashboard
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 Years of relevant quantitative market research work experience
- Data analysis experience/skills
- Detail-oriented nature and forward-thinking mentality (must be able to see the big picture without losing sight of the details)
- Must be able to effectively manage time and a variety of responsibilities
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and project management skills
- Excellent oral/written communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Teachable, eager to learn, and unafraid of asking questions
- Teamwork – ability to establish/maintain effective work relationships, interact in diplomatic and professional manner
- Self-starter – ability to manage projects independently; comfortable working with clients and vendors directly
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with advertising effectiveness, international or brand research area(s) considered a plus
- Knowledge/interest in advertising and media industry a plus
- Familiarity with or interest in learning data analysis tools such as Python, R, Google scripts, data analytics platforms etc. a plus
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, , ,