North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 101852-en_US / 101852
Senior Talent Strategist – 101852
Human Resources – USA New York, New York
The Talent Strategist team at Nielsen is a group of dedicated strategic advisors to our most senior Business leaders. Our Strategic HR Business partners are data driven problem solvers, influential story tellers, and are trusted coaches to the leaders they support. Strategic HRBPs maintain an independent voice and use their unique position in the organization to proactively support key initiatives. The People strategy team is responsible for the creation and ownership for Diverse, equitable and Inclusive business plans.
Summary of Role:
The Talent Strategist partner will provide senior level, strategic HR guidance to leaders in the Commercial organization. The Talent Strategist is responsible for the formulation of the People strategy aligned to the business and overall HR strategy for the group. The Talent Strategist partners with local People Experience teams, dedicated COEs, and other functions to ensure best in class People strategy creation and deployment.
- Drive the strategy and delivery of organization effectiveness (planning, development, and design), change management (actively communicating), and talent programs
- Lead talent review discussions; provide strategic HR insight into business unit realignments, succession planning, talent assessment, talent development, and leadership pipelines
- Develop and execute on strategic workforce plan for business in partnership with COEs
- Advise senior team on the design and implementation of organizational solutions against priority needs, and coach and counsel business unit executives on issues pertinent to leadership, organizational effectiveness and change management
- Support the business in making strategic and operational decisions, reflecting an understanding of broader cross functional implications and the imperative for sustained, profitable growth
- Serves as the domain expert for organization and talent; provides subject matter expert recommendations and solutions to improve productivity, retention and attraction of employees based on external and internal factors, best practices and innovative solutions
- Ensure, through deep data analysis and research, that strategy is coherent and aligned to business needs
- Ensure integrated regional and global HR change management and communications approaches are being developed and implemented
Talent Management Strategy
- Focus on developing innovative talent strategies that address the diverse needs of our business and our People
- Monitor overall effectiveness of HR programs and services by monitoring key talent metrics to identify and analyze People related issues, root causes, and possible levers for solutions
- Ensure consistent application of programs across the various business units and promote standardization by creating practical and effective programs in partnership with other HR teams
- Overall responsibility for the Talent Planning process execution
- Conduct/support talent planning discussions and provide perspective on future key talent needs
- Facilitate the roll out of talent planning processes
- Summarize overall talent needs and action plans
- Monitor progress against action plans and provide updates to HR/business leadership as appropriate, flagging risks, issues etc
Key Experience & Qualifications:
- Creative thinker and idea generator
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- BA/BS required
- 3+ years of HR experience
- Exposure to all HR functions including organizational development, change management, recruiting, workforce planning, compensation benefits and HR administration.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-changing, highly collaborative environment.
- Experience working in a matrix environment.
- Proven experience working at a strategic level.
- Strong ability to form relationships and influence
- Able to partner with other members of the regional leadership team and find common ground to deliver an exceptional People Experience
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations, as well as handle multiple competing priorities.
- Able to exercise sound judgement and discretion in matters of significance to the organization.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote