North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 85950-en_US / 85950
Senior UX Researcher – 85950
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
We are Nielsen, a global research company with almost a century of scientific expertise. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. From global industry leaders and national regulatory bodies to small businesses, we work with them all. Every day our software empowers analysts, data scientists, and lawmakers in 100+ countries to make better decisions in our fast-changing world.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Researcher with strong, mixed methods skills to be part of our global UX team, supporting web applications that empower advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments around the globe.
As a Senior UX Researcher you will:
- Work closely with cross-functional, geographically distributed teams of product managers, designers, researchers, engineers and end-users
- Collaborate with peers, stakeholders and internal users for concept generation, requirements and design validation
- Plan, develop and execute research studies
- Gain user insights through qualitative and quantitative methods
- Deliver compelling insights to drive evidence-based product decisions
What are we looking for?
- At least 5 years of experience as a UX Researcher
- Strong understanding of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Proven experience in research roles in consumer-focused companies with significant expertise in qualitative exploratory research and quantitative data analysis
- Experience in survey design, including working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Moderating and analyzing findings from ethnographic studies, usability tests, interview and focus group sessions
- Experience developing journey-maps and personas
- Experience with analytics tools to mine usage data for areas of opportunity
- Strong facilitation skills with hands-on experience conducting workshops and field studies
- Ability to lead and work independently, balancing work on multiple initiatives
- MA/MS in experimental psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction, market research or related field, or a BA/BS in one of these fields with significant industry experience
Skills and mindset:
- You’re a master of empathy both for the user and co-workers to enable you to communicate your findings effectively
- Attention for details, strong organizational and analytical skills and business acumen
- You have a deep curiosity for how and why users interact with a product or service, seek reasons behind their behavior, wants, needs and priorities
- A collaborative mentality with a need for continuous learning
- Excellent communication skills – You can effectively establish understanding and rationale of your insights
- Proficiency with tools, such as usertesting.com, SPSS, Qualtrics, Web Analytics or similar tools
- Comfortable working in a large, international, corporate and cross time-zone environment with remote teams
Extra points for:
- Experience or keen interest in storytelling through data visualization
- Knowledge and background working in the marketing industry
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: GA – Atlanta – Alpharetta, , ,